John Edwards/Crossing Over

by tdogg 20 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
  • dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

That's why I asked you what drugs you are on. Someone who is only right 10-20 percent of the time...uh...

I guess I can see how that might look if you are watching a 'spliced' television show. If you are watching a show that is a half hour long, but you know it was two hours taping or more, then you gotta wonder what you are missing.

I wouldn't mind seeing him myself, just to say I SAW him do this stuff.

• tdogg
    tdogg

I had a discussion with my friend who turned me on to the show. We wondered if what he is doing would be wrong morally. I thought so because he is lying to peoples faces. His point was that Edwards appears to making people feel better about dealing with death so whats the harm?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

which begs the questions...is lying to someone wrong when they WANT you to lie to them? When they PAY you to lie to them?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I thought Yoda was "the real deal" until I saw "The Making Of Star Wars."

Just 'cause John Edwards has a funny voice and lives in a swamp does not a true Jedi make him.

Why have dead people forgotten how to communicate fully formed ideas using complete sentences? Why do they say really valuable things like "I'm here with our dead dog Sparky" and not buy 1,000 shares of IDBE? I suppose it's because their brains have turned to mush.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

The amazing thing is that he gets away with it enough to do so many shows all the time. If they ever catch him completely and blow the lid off the whole thing that'll be a mess.

• tdogg
    tdogg

Thats what I am saying, rmayer, he has to be using a lot of background people to get some of the details that he gets. You can't keep that all secret forever. Unless something is whispering in his ear...oooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Tdogg: Read books by James Randi, who exposes con-artists. Read books on magic and magicians. Then go back and study John Edwards ... you will be amazed. John Edwards is a great con-artists. He is more of an entertainer, as the disclaimers on his show state. He is to the psychic field what David Copperfield is to the magic field. He is excellent ... but once you know the tricks, he is no more a psychic than you or me.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I saw him on Larry King, and Sylvia Browne was on the same show, in a different location. She was right on, in dealing with the callers. John Edward didn't get ONE correct hit. Nothing. Nada. I think he is there for entertainment, only. I watch occasionally, and thought he was pretty amazing at first, and then saw the expose, and realized how he does it. There is an old movie called Leap of Faith, with Steve Martin, about a traveling faith healer. John Edward does it the same way that guy did.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Xander
    Xander

All I gotta say...

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit