JWN member now famous comedian

by MMXIV 3 Replies latest forum tech-support

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

JWN member "Matahari" Deborah Frances-White is a stand-up comedian, corporate speaker, screenwriter and executive coach.

http://www.deborahfrances-white.com/

Deborah was raised in Australia, became a Jehovah's Witness as a teenager, left her religion and family to come to London with a one way ticket, has worked as an interpreter in both sign language and Japanese, read English at The University of Oxford, and has lived in a number of countries including America and Israel.

Not the first time she has been mentioned on JWN.

It seems she wasn't content to fulfil her potential in the truth of being a quiet subservient sister using her skills to repeat ungrammatical verses of the watchtower but instead developed herself into an admired motivator and comedian.

Maybe a JWN meet-up at one of her gigs?

mmxiv

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Wow... That is one really smart Lady!

She was too smart to waste her life, as a submissive Elder's wife.

Being a shining star regular pioneer driving around her territory knock, knocking on stranger's door's, was not for her either.

She had the nerve to make a life for herself.

Hurray for Deborah Francis-White!!!

LoisLane

• cofty
    cofty

Great to hear an ex-JW pioneer is making a good life for herself.

I looked her up, she only posted once 12 years ago so I don't suppose many will remember her. Here is a classic line from her only post...

"I remember thinking as a regular pioneer working with a COs wife - "For fuck's sake - are you on drugs or something?"

If she ever plays in the UK please let us know.

• rip van winkle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit