Bumpy weekend ahead

by krejames 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Glander
    Glander

I don't want to go on Sunday because I have been dodging the shepherding visits and phone calls etc since then - could set me back. When I visit family I do go to their meeting with them. But my mum, at least, knows my views as I have had conversations with her. She might have kept quiet about it though.

I understand. Another option for the day as suggested above is a great idea. If she piously insists on attending a drone session, then you can always say "have a nice time, we'll do something fun when you get back."

• losingit
    losingit

If she does decide to go without you, just make believe like you fell behind in setting up her surprise. That way you don't seem like you are purposely avoiding it... I don't know... just a thought... :-)

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Good Luck! ;)

Whatever happens, play it cool. Don't respond to sermoning or emotional pursuasion. Be happy-go-lucky about everything.
    You have stuff you want to catch up on... or that you wish her a good meeting. Be matter-of-fact, always with a smile.

• krejames
    krejames

Hey thanks for the good advice and suggestions everyone. You've given me an idea - not sure that it will work but it's worth a shot. See you on the other side hopefully! :)

• gymbob
    gymbob

I was in your shoes a few years ago, I decided to go to the KH, DIDN'T wear a tie, and tried to comment at the WT study! It was fun! :)

• krejames
    krejames

ha ha Gymbob, how evil and mentally diseased

(I simply can't chance going to the hall. I will be pounced on, as the elders have been trying to get hold of me on the phone for weeks, as well as the occasional house call, which I have ignored)

• out4good3
    out4good3

What's wrong with just saying no and offering no explanation?

What is she gonna do.....eat you.

eat you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit