Had a very pleasant meeting with another EX-JW friend

by LongHairGal 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

He was up in my area visiting relatives. It was so nice to see each other in person after well over a decade. We have been communicating by e-mail and phone after connecting on Facebook a few years ago.

We went to a local restaurant and talked for almost two hours. We talked about many topics.

Believe it or not, we hardly even spoke about the religion (we are out for different reasons - he's DAd and I am a walkaway). I suppose this is a sign that we have both moved on and have gotten all this garbage out of our systems. So, there's no need to talk about it.

He is a good example of an ex-JW who is well adjusted. He has a new life in another state and is happy.

• adamah
    adamah

Yeah, good on you, LHG!

It's a great thing when you get to a point where the JWs are only a hazy distant memory, and of such relative unimportance that you have to say, "Wait, was that the group I mistakenly joined during my 'searching' phase, or was it just a memory of an unpleasant nightmare I had long ago?"

Adam

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Adam:

You are right. Unpleasant nightmare is a very apt description of my experience in the JW religion!

And, I am glad it is over.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm happy for your friend LongHairGal. I wish that more JWs could critically think for themselves and overcome their fears. Life would be soooo much sweeter for them.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I met up with several old boy and girl friends at the DC last week in Long Beach. I grew up in the LA area during the 60's and we use to have parties every weekend somewhere in LA or Orange county. From our conversations I could see my (literally) old friends were tired of the same o, same o. A couple of them mentioned that "we were not suppose to get old in this system" (1969 Awake!). I told them that the org has a new definition for the word "old". Old now means 'overlapping life spans' with our children and grandchildren. See we will never get old as long as we have offspring.

They thought it was funny (sort of) if it didn't hurt so bad!

eyeuse2badub

• steve2
    steve2

The biggest eye-opener for me in leaving was, There isa life worth living outside the organization. Always great to hear others have had this realization!

• karter
    karter

LHG,

Always nice to catch up with old freinds and see were you both are at now.

And steve2 is rite there is one hell of a good life outside the JW's.

karter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit