What is the watchtowers policy on harbouring illegal immigrants

by hoser 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I know a JW personally who used to be a Circuit Overseer for Spanish-speaking circuits. I asked him one time about this very issue.

His answer was: WT does nothing about illegal immigrant JWs in the cong. Illegals cannot hold any position in the congregation, but neither WT nor the local elders sees any need to tell these people to conform to the law of the land. I asked him how WT could take such a cavalier approach on this when they brag about how JWs are exemplary in following Caesar's law? His only response was a shrug.

The WT quote posted by Blondie is very clever ruse by WT. It uses the example of a non-JW Bible study who's an illegal. The fact of the matter is, WT takes the same nonchalant attitude with baptized JWs who break immigration laws too.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I feel for these friends. The economic situation is horrible in their homeland, their only option is coming to a foreign land. Yet, being in a cong. with a couple known illegal aliens, these were some of the most "Christian like" of all of the friends. You need a last minute part in the school ask on of these friends, they would be happy to do it. Yet, some of the "American" friends were really quick to point out the words/sentences they got wrong. Suddenly everyone was an English teacher. They were never invited to the "nice" get togethers, like 80's night, fishing, etc. just the mandatory public speaker/service group dinner. I remember one memorial night, an elder invited all the elder and MS's to a fancy dinner at his home, I invited this brother Enoc (from Africa) the elder had this shocked look on his face we showed up together. I said, he didn't have any plans so I invited him. Later, that elder gave me a tongue lashing for inviting him. I said brother, who did Jesus say to invite if we have a banquet? Why did Paul feel the need to correct Peter when he only sat with Jews? He said NOTHING, but if looks could kill I would not be here right now. Lol

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The long standing policy has always been "don't ask, don't tell"... same policy as harbouring pedophiles...

However, if you are an illegal immigrant, there are a few ground rules...

For example... you are allowed to go to Field Circus, be a microphone holder, build Kingdom Halls, participate in meetings and even give #3 and #4 talks. You might even receive the great honor of being allowed to touch the control knobs on a Kingdumb Hall sound amplifier and mixer.

However, you may not be a Mini-Stereo Servant or Elder and you may certainly not hold the title of "PioSneer" no matter how many hours you report.

That said, if you're an illegal immigrant in good standing with the Watchtower Corporation, you will be the first to enter into the new system...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" That is correct. You are unable to serve in any capacity. (Elder, MS, pioneer) etc. But you are able to go to FS. "

They can also freely give of their illegally earned cash to the WTBTS!!!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Watchtower is happy to take even Martians in, as long they preach, sell ragazines and contribute. Many so called privileges are denied to illegal aliens, just to keep some semblance of being a law abiding religion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit