what if the 1st century christians were "publishers of the good news?"

by nowwhat? 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

it would go like this:

"good day citizen!, we see many people today are concerned that their denari just does'nt go as far as it used to at the market place. this scroll gives us a hope for the future. i also have this other scroll that talks about polluted cistern water. these scrolls contain life saving information! is this something you would be interested in?" meanwhile back at the waiting chariot- "only 2 more notches on the sundial and i'll have my time for the month!"

• tenyearsafter
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Sadly this is very accurate.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Also here is a denari for your horse feed. Totally ADD

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

In the first century he only way spread any news to the population was to transmit in person. So if you wanted the whole neighbourhood to know something you had to go to their door or to a public meeting place to deliver your message. Today we have the press, radio, TV, the internet...why do JWs still believe door to door preaching is the most efficient way to spread the news is beyond me. I remember being in the territory for a whole day and only speaking to a few people because everyone else were at work and away from home...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

At the next convention (maybe even the upcoming AGM), I expect that they will announce that Holy Spirit has told them many new things since former GB member Ted Jarascz died. One of those things is that, not only was door-to-door work so important in the first century, but also the setting up of booths at airports and busy city downtowns was part of the work.

(Okay, maybe it was transportation hubs instead of airports.)

Also, Holy Spirit reminded the GB that when advanced printing methods were not available back then, the "brothers" took it upon themselves at their own expenses to hand copy the "Good News." So members can expect to start using their own printers now- but the GB will tell you where to buy paper and multi-color inks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit