Question about the Farms

by maninthemiddle 16 Replies latest jw friends

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Where is it located?

Do they still use it as a farm?

The Farm is where they dug up the barrels of old ink, what are they building there?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Watchtower Farms, here is an article that will explain the circumstances and background. http://www.gunkjournal.com/2012/01/12/news/1201120.html

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Sounds like it is still in use. I remember many years ago during peak growth they couldn't keep up with the amount of food needed. I assume with the downsiziing they are still producing they probably have enough. It was the construction that Amadeus me ask what they are doing .

• factfinder
    factfinder

THey are expanding the facilities at Watchtower Farms. The construction is due to be completed by the end of 2015. The buildings will have about 2.5 million sq ft of floor space in total.

The FEIS (Watchtower Farms Improvements) includes a chart of what is grown at Wallkill.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Fact finder, is the growth at the farms for farming, food production?

• factfinder
    factfinder

Not really, the expansion is to upgrade the living conditions for the bethelites and modernize some depts.

They do not have the Hen operation, hog operation or slaughterhouse.

They have crops in 5 towns and do juicing. Their agriculture production is among the largest in the county.

They still have about 2,000 acres for farming there near Wallkill,(3 farms) plus the 600+ acre dairy farm at Patterson where the WEC is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's the address.

Watchtower Farms, Red Mills Road, Wallkill, NY 12589, United States

Google Maps will give you a sense of the layout of the place.

Lessee....they have a baseball diamond, tennis courts (white clay?), and a soccer field. It looks like they are growing commercial-scale raspberries, mostly for show (their fields are all along the public road).

• hoser
    hoser

They still have about 2,000 acres for farming there near Wallkill,(3 farms) plus the 600+ acre dairy farm at Patterson where the WEC is.

this is worth huge $$$$$$$$$

probably all donated land at one time

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Thanks for all the replies, I had no idea theoperation was this big.

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

Not rasbarries but rather they are blueberries...unfortunately I know those bushes very well as I wasted there summers picking those damn blueberries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit