ApostateChick Strikes again "Jehovah's Witnesses--Why The @#$% Are You Here? "

by Watchtower-Free 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • zound
    zound

I like apostachick - she's cute.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Although she makes a good point it is just not the way you should talk to JW's... it only creates more hardship and close them against TTATT. It would only give them "proof" that apostates are hatefull...

• sspo
    sspo

She makes good points but her F words will turn a few people off. Not very lady like especially with an audience.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I agree with De Wandelaar,.

IF your goal is to help other JWs get out and you realize that a lurking Jw is teetering on edge of being able to see these videos, WHY in the world would you constantly slam them from visiting your videos?

I know that she is repsponding to some goofy comments on her blogs, but would not taking a caring approach to answering these comments with logical reasons as to why THEY are making these replies as there is the "confirmation bias' theory etc,..

I say come back with them in a educational stance to possibly help someone. I do realize that there are some of the Jws that will never get out and will continually be there making stupid comments, but there are also some that are doubting and the last thing that they need to see is something like this.

I commented awhile back asking why in the world would a youtube channel EVER state that the viewer, if a Jw, should not be here watching this and it is against the rules of the Gb.

NJY

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

She's HOT.

But shouldn't she be wearing a doily on her head?

...and some find the F words appropriate.

F-word The Watchtower!

• tec
    tec

I liked her video. I thought she was very REAL, f-words and all. I also thought she was funny, and she is absolutely right... NO ONE is forcing anyone to come to her blog, or watch her videos. She is not the one going door to door, promoting her views, or pushing them on those choosing to watch her videos or read her blog.

Peace,

tammy

• whathappened
    whathappened

I feel the same way. Funny comments that needed to be addressed.

• adamah
    adamah

TEC said-

I liked her video. I thought she was very REAL, f-words and all. I also thought she was funny, and she is absolutely right... NO ONE is forcing anyone to come to her blog, or watch her videos. She is not the one going door to door, promoting her views, or pushing them on those choosing to watch her videos or read her blog.

(Quick, mark this occasion! I am actually AGREEING with TEC!)

Sure, ApostateChick is venting, but she remains as cool as a cucumber, and sharp as a tack!

(Yeah, Nathan, she HOT, but she also kinda scares me, too.... She's clearly NOT a Chick to be messed with, as she takes no guff from ANYONE!)

More importantly though, she uses all of that energy to deliver some valid and forceful points: no one is forcing JWs to watch her vids (and disobeying GB directives to do so, no less!), so anyone who's watching and commenting likely IS questioning their participation in the cult. She comes off as honest and sincere: I do believe she REALLY DOESN'T WANT JWs posting comments on her vids, LOL!

(BTW, I like that she included her daughter: it added a nice touch, a human element to demonstrate HER family wasn't broken apart by the JWs).

But to attack her on the grounds of her chosen delivery style (and I'd agree that it IS questionable to drop f-bombs excessively, but that's her decision on HER vids) borders on "tone trolling", criticizing her on the basis of style and not the substance of the message itself (which she remembered to include, BTW, rather than venting just for the sake of venting). Tone-trolling is the flip-side of the "style over substance" fallacy, except criticizing someone of SOS without having solid evidence to back up the charge (in her case, she clearly has substance that makes up for the style f-bombs, IMO, at least). So if it's not proven, the SOS accusation constitutes tone-trolling, an ad hominem (and whether it's valid or not is a matter of debate).

Of course, everyone here is free to create their OWN YouTube channel and make their own apostate vids and let the f-bombs fly as they please, and it's nobodies business WHAT they say and do (they only have to follow YT guidelines for language).

Adam

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Those comments are hysterical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit