I had a dream...

by pronomono 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• pronomono
    pronomono

I had an interesting dream last night.

In my dream, I decided to visit another church for the first time, although I'm not sure what denomination this church was. As we were leaving from the Sunday morning service, I saw my long-time friend and mentor (let's call hime Bro. Wales). I stopped Bro. Wales to see how he was doing and what he was doing here, asking polite non-invasive questions to get the information I was seeking. Turns out he stopped going to the KH months ago due to issues that he had seen as an elder. After deep prayer and meditation, he came to the conclusion that in the end, we all have to answer to God and Jesus, and because of this we must maintain a clean conscience. He couldn't do that and stay at the KH with the issues that he had discovered. We took a minute and talked about old times and how our families were. In the end, I asked how he was dealing with the elders from his old congregation, and he said that he simply moved to another state. He thought it better to remove himself from the situation.

Then in my dream, I went to sleep and woke up to complete destruction. Helicopters were flying overhead. Explosions were shaking the ground. My wife and I went outside and got in our car to see what was happening. We were stopped at an army checkpoint where we were hurried into a refuge camp. Then dinosaurs appeared, ravaging the camp. My wife and I escaped on a small boat and went downstream to a neighboring village, where we met a kind lady that gave us a room for the night and showed us her invention of a clock that works by measuring the earth's electromagnetic frequencies at the various stages of earth's 24-hour rotation.

Then my alarm clock went off. Yeah, I have some pretty wild dreams. I had a very vivid imagination as a child that still haunts me a night, but the first half of my dream made a lot of sense to me. If you can't fulfill your obligations to your current church in good conscience, how can you ever expect to have God's favor?

• Laika
    Laika

Hi pronomono

This reminds me of a couple conversations I had after I left the JWs. They asked me how I could keep Jehovah's standards without the organisation. I said since I no longer believed and would thus have to lie to remain a JW, I couldn't keep those standards in either.

Btw, if you ever go to churches in real life you'll find that most of them will teach that gaining God's favor has nothing to do with fulfilling your obligations to your church in good conscience, but comes through God's grace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit