Your Future Has Been SOLD

by cellomould 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

We have let government get so big, we don't know what all they have been doing.

Although it bothers me quite a bit to admit it, and I certainly would never have when younger, the South was probably right RE: the powers of the state vs Federal government.

I mean, really. Even IF the representatives from, say, Texas, Loisiana, and New Mexico had the best interest of Texans, Loisianans, and New Mexicans in mind when passing laws (instead of, say, their own personal agenda), what good does that do for Alaska?

The problem is that the country is too big for a small group of people sitting on the east coast to make laws that will fairly manage all of it. The agricultural states have VERY different concerns and needs than the industrial states, to show one very obvious conflict.

Short of scrapping the whole thing and starting over, I don't have a fix.

Heh - ain't that the truth. It'll never happen, though. And, since fixing the current system seems to be the only valid option...

Eleminating the IRS and going to a fairer tax would be a start.

Throw in deleting political parties, too. And political advertising of any kind.

When someone goes to vote, they should be made aware of ALL candidates positional on a fairly length list of issues (each candidate can make a booklet that will be freely distributed in which they cannot mention by name or implication any person but themselves). Voters should select from a list of candidates based on that and that alone.

Hell, delete the candidates name from the list, too. You have a booklet from candidates 'A', 'B', 'C', etc. and a voting sheet with the same options.

That, I think, would do wonders for the current system.

(Well, while we are at it, we DO have massive, nationwide networks now with real-time access to data - why not throw the representative system out entirely and have a true democracy instead of a republic?...crap...changing the whole system again....nevermind...)

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I don't know ummmmm pretty suspicious. Cellomould disappears for a while then comes back and tells us our future is sold.

I thought the only reason Bush even wanted to be President in the first place was to have more power and room to do what he wanted with the oil. I never really saw him as someone who much gave a squat about the "Grandeur" of being the President. But it is the best way to get at the control panels of oil. I think he’s more like a JR. then a Pres. Bush.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• sunscapes
    sunscapes
    I mean, really. Even IF the representatives from, say, Texas, Loisiana, and New Mexico had the best interest of Texans, Loisianans, and New Mexicans in mind when passing laws (instead of, say, their own personal agenda), what good does that do for Alaska?

The problem is that the country is too big for a small group of people sitting on the east coast to make laws that will fairly manage all of it. The agricultural states have VERY different concerns and needs than the industrial states, to show one very obvious conflict.

Well, this is certainly borne out if you look at the final electoral results map of the last election. 'Ag' states voted primarily Bush, urban/industrial states voted primarily Gore.

I WAS a hopeful supporter of Bush, but now he and his admin are starting to give me a headache re: energy and environment policies especially. Big Oil tail wags the dog.

There were those who flocked to Nader too: but he sold out as well.

Everybody has a price it seems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit