Chretien Middle East Peace talks dissolve in anger

by Naeblis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Prime Minister Jean Chretien returned late Friday night from a disasterous round of peace talks in the Middle east. Infuriated by Chretien's almost complete lack of knowledge of the conflict, White house officials commented that "Chretien's peace mission failed not for a lack of trying on the aging Prime Minister's part, but for the simple fact that he is an uneducated boob."

High on the Prime Minister's agenda was his proposal to implement a Canadian style gun registration policy on all belts in the Middle East. Suicide bombers have been using belts to strap explosives to their bodies. "Control da belts, and you control da people," Chretien drawled to reporters, "look I am not saying dat belts are bad you know, I even wear one myself, I think they are great for the holding up of da pants and da fashion, but you know dat der are millions of belts out there and we do not know where dey are."

Chretien believes that the registration will help the army track stolen or missing belts, crack down on smuggling and know when there are belts in a home they're searching. Background checks will keep violent or unstable people from legally owning belts.

Palestinian groups responded in outrage when news of the proposal was leaked. "We belt owners are being singled out for attack by the Canadian Government - not just on our right to wear belts and keep our very poorly made pants up, but on our private property," meeting organizer Hussein Husseini said. "Where are the belt registrations for the Israelis? This is nothing more than a calculated effort to portray the Palestinian people as violent and barbaric, when the vast majority of Palestinians have barely killed any Israeli pigs."

Chretien's plan also met resistance by other Middle eastern countries, who not only viewed the plan as racist, but ineffective. "Are the terrorists going to register their belts?" Jordan's King Abdullah asked. "I resent that the Palestinian people are being treated like second-class citizens just because they own belts. It certainly won't reduce the suicide bombings." King Abdullah also insinuated that this was nothing more than an attempt by the Israelis to obtain all the belts in the area for their own purposes.

Even the Israeli's seemed to back away from the idea, with spokesmen expressing concern over the cost of such an extensive effort, and the possiblity of the Palestinians simply using string and rope to fashion makeshift belts.

Other items on the agenda included Chretien's proposal that Israel simply give the land back to the Palestinians. Geniunely surprised when the Israeli's refused, Chretien remarked, "well that's all I got boys." before leaving the stunned officials to open a golf course in Jerusalem.

The Israeli's say there are no further plans for peace talks with the Canadians.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

damn canadians, always mucking it up

lmao

• LB
    LB

dem canadians will get my belt when they pry it from my cold dead fingers......

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• ring
    ring

"Belts don't kill people, people kill people"
    Source:
    NBA: National Belt Association

• Francois
    Francois

Jean Chretien can't figure out what's going on in his own country. He keeps getting elected for the same reason we should have kept Jerry Ford in the White House: He was such a dunce, there was no way he was going to cause any trouble. He spent so much of his time getting up off the ground, as well. And we always knew what Jerry Ford was going to do in any given situation - nothing, absolutely nothing. We should've kept him in office for as long as possible.

FT

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I was told to clarify that this was just a joke that I wrote. I didn't think it needed to be said, but this person is most insistent, and strikes me at will.

• LB
    LB

I'm not sure it' proper to joke about belts.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

care to tell us all who this insistent person was naebs??

let me dream inside you

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

no... (please don't hit me)

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Just a side note:

The Word Canada comes from the Algonquin Indian word 'Kanata' meaning village/town. Most if not all Canadians know this. Canadians are the 'village' people.

The word Quebec is also Indian word, meaning 'Where the river narrows.' The French separtists are proud Quebecers and like Canadians don't know the meaning of the word. It has nothing to do with their French heritage. Prime Minister Chretien comes from Quebec and was a former minister of Indian Affairs.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit