what reaction have you received when you said 'that .org site is nothing more than tv evangelism' to a jw ?

by sowhatnow 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

did they get it?

do they also not see that they are building 'temples'?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Things did not go well... with every witness there is a cognitive dissonance threshold. Depending on how they view you, they may speak freely about things that bother them, if you cross the threshold they will bury you in their CD. They will never speak a whisper of anything critical to you again. What I am getting at is this:

If they still trust you, and your approach is gentle enough, they may tell you how it really makes them feel (I have feeling way more witnesses are uncomfortable with this than they show)

If they think you've crossed the line, they are gonna tell you that you are crazy and its the best thing since Jesus effing Christ. So to find out their true feelings you need to be careful what, and how you say it. If they catch a whiff of "apostasy" or TTATT, your locked out. FMF

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    Some people here in western Pa are noticing it. I know many old timers who really don't get this. Some are actually just keeping their mouths shut not wanting to rock the boat. I help an older couple with grass cutting and little odds and ends who privately confided in me that it is "odd" and is like "Christendom!" They are just very afraid to speak up....
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

A couple of Jws told me it was different because they are the True Organization that Jesus specifically picked and the rest are part of Babylon the Great.

Image result for number 1 hand pic

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Just last night there was a Scientology advertisement on the TV.

I paused the DVR immediately after the Scientology ID, muted the sound, and then played the remainder of the add. Then I paused the TV and asked, "Isn't it wonderful how Jehovah's Witnesses have begun advertising the jay double u dot org web site on television? Imagine how many can be reached with the good news now."

To a person my company agreed and were very pleased with that add, UNTIL I rewound it and they saw it was Scientology. Then I asked, "What is the difference between what JDubya's are doing and Scientologists?"

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/258390002/specific-comments-r-f-about-may-broadcast

hey folks add comments you've heard from members on this thread as well. Collecting quotes from in members about this madness.

OneFingerSalute
    that is awesome! hahaha
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Which Scientology advertisement was it??

DD

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

OFS

I would not get that add where I live. Can you make it available somehow for others to see, I am sure Scientology wouldn't mind getting extra airtime.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/07/the-new-scientology-ad-running-on-tv-and-maybe-for-the-super-bowl/

This article contains a longer version of the add. The one I saw last night had edited out the content between about :20 seconds in until 1:05 minutes in. Other than a brief Scientology logo at the :20 second mark there was no reference to Scientology until the very end.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    Thanks OFS, couldn't get the add to play, but the write up was interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit