I listened. I obeyed. Then I realized...

by stillin 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

What was that blessing part about? I kept hearing pioneers talking about the blessings that they were receiving and As I looked at their lives objectively, there really isn't anything special about them. Maybe they are just more appreciative of things than other people. But their lives are still very similar to every other person's.

i realized, too, that instead of blessings, I actually was simply getting my ass kicked around by this domineering, micro-managing religious organization..

not listening so much any more.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    i realized, too, that instead of blessings, I actually was simply getting my ass kicked around by this domineering, micro-managing religious organization.......stillin

.......................................LISTEN..OBEY..

.......................Image result for Screwed

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good post, stillin, the 'be blessed' part is not guaranteed, but the WTS only admits this when pressed on it. It's like the scripture they use - sorry, I'm paraphrasing here - 'be faithful to God; probably you will be safe in the day of his anger' - I mean, WTF?!

A tragic consequence of this is that there are millions of people wasting their lives in this cult - either scared that God might kill at the big A (the stick) or desperate to get the unattainable carrot of living forever on earth.

• username
    username
    If by blessings you mean f@#%*d up emotional and neurotic then yes because this is how I saw the local pioneer's in my previous KH.
  • Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut
    How things work is: rank and file listen and obey, the leaders are blessed.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I wonder what blessing my mother would say shes been receiving from the org? lol,

I see none other than she still alive and able to drive, lol

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"As I looked at their lives objectively, there really isn't anything special about them."

You are correct, there is NOTHING special about them. They think they are Jehovahs "special possessions."

We have need greater/pioneer family members and WOW do they think they are wonderful. So much better than you and not afraid to tell you. They really don't see how pathetic they look to some of the family. Legends in their own minds.

They sure know how to sniff the ones who have money! They only come around when they need something.

• stillin
    stillin

Toes up, so true about how they are looking for blessings from Jehovah by letting family know they need money.

"Kids, you look like you need a couple of tires on your old beater. Here's $200 for you to buy a couple. That's not fom Jehovah, that's from Uncle Stillin."

I wonder how that would go.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

I remember one pious pioneer sister saying to another sister, who rarely went to the meetings or into service for that matter;

"I'm more spiritual that you".

Needless to say this sister was never seen in the hall again, she has successfully completed her fade, her husband as well along with the two kids.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

This is cognitive dissonance in action.

A Pioneer is a professional JW.

Some do it for the recognition they receive - sacrificing their personal life in order to slave for the organization. They LOVE to let you know that they are full timers. They will always share how pioneering benefits THEM personally (and their STATUS in the organization). These are organization people and love its rules, regulations JW.org - unless it messes with own personal quirkiness and lunch dates. They'll tell you how you're not up to snuff. They love their iPads, shiny new "service car" and their never ending supply of new dresses. The pioneer 'ranks' are full of these kinda people.

Some do it because it's their life calling. These pioneers REALLY believe and follow the rule book wholeheartedly. They have come to the conclusion that their time is being controlled by Jah, Jesus and holy spirit. This type thinks they are sacrificing their lives to serve God. They are the 'old school' pioneers - live on beans and rice, work just enough to make ends meet, wear hand-me-down clothes, have yard sale furniture and a crappy car. Not many of these pioneers around anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit