so back to thee days a week at the KH

by oppostate 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

So now with the Saturday viewing of videos at the KH there's pressure to be at the KH to see the GB do their thing. This week's thing of course is beg for more money.

Also they are meeting to practice singing the new songs when no new videos are out. There are some very excited publishers who don't seem to mind giving up entire weekends.

I've been invited several times to the Saturday get-togethers (which aren't called meetings, but that's what they end up being). I just claim to have gone to the video site and say allergies are bothering my raspy throat, which is true, but there's no way I'm spending anymore time at the KH each week, enough is enough, well actually any time spent there seems way too much wasted time!

• cantleave
    cantleave
    So what does a monthly meeting schedule look like these days? Is the same pressure exerted about the GB infomercials as other meetings?
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Once read an aticle in WT about a Japanese bros. life, and as we all know secular work is a big deal in Japan, as it is to me as well being in the non union trades. Meetings twice a week is my max, if that. When a CO comes around it's all I can do to be at all three, if not four including sat morning.

As the Japanese brother put it in the article : He'll do more when he retires, for now he has to work to support himself !

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor
    oppostate said:
    There are some very excited publishers who don't seem to mind giving up entire weekends.
    That's because they usually have no life.

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor
    Most of the publishers in my cong. are older and those videos only creep them out. They don't find any enjoyment watching them.
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    They certainly creep me out, announcements at the hall suffice !
  • brandnew
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The older ones in "our" cong LOVE the videos!

They meet eagerly to watch them all at the hall regularly (one of the pioneers hosts it, and probably counts his time doing it too!)

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Trying to force the broadcasting down our throats
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Are those Saturday meetings gb approved?

Seems to me it is just an initiative by some brothers or your body of elders.

Shouldn't the whole saturday be used for field service?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit