This Is Only For Americans.....

by Englishman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• og
    og

I know what shite is, but what's "haddaway"?

"Belief is the death of intelligence." R.A. Wilson

• Mulan
    Mulan

Very funny. You had me, until I got to the afternoon 'wank'. Then I knew!!

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• patio34
    patio34

Well, Eman, since I work with a Brit, i knew your game when you said "The English are a notoriously demonstrative, tactile people.." That was way off from the Brit I know!

All intelligent people are confrontational.--HBO's Winston Churchill

• patio34
    patio34

Say, Eman, is there a website for definitions of some of the Britishisms in the article? Or would you care to give a definition of some of the words such as "tossers," "cottaging," and an explanation of the BSE Beef?

Thanks,

All intelligent people are confrontational.--HBO's Winston Churchill

• Englishman
    Englishman

OK, Patio, here we go:

BSE = BSE stands for Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy. It is a disease that affects adult cattle. BSE attacks the brain and central nervous system of the animal and eventually causes death.

Commonly known as ‘Mad-Cow Disease’, BSE has a long incubation period. This means that it usually takes four to six years for cattle infected with BSE to show signs of the disease, such as disorientation, clumsiness and, occasionally, aggressive behaviour towards other animals and humans.

BSE is one of a group of diseases that affect a number of different mammals. These diseases, known as Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSEs), or Prion Diseases, result from the build-up of abnormal prion proteins in the brain and nervous system. Research has shown that TSEs have two characteristics in common: they can be transmitted between animals, and they cause the same spongy decay of brain tissues.

Tosser: A masturbator, a person who "Tosses himself off", often used as banter between friends, a mild insult that is actually an endearment, providing you know the person.

Cottaging = Looking for someone to have homosexual sex with.

Englishman.

• patio34
    patio34

thanks E-man! The Brit here at work wasn't familiar with some of those terms. We're all laughing here at your very helpful directions for us yanks (ha, ha not "wanks!").

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit