Can a JW sell to a church?

by StephaneLaliberte 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/manukau-courier/9124458/Witnesses-sell-Elim-buys

I noticed that the bethel of New Zealand has been sold to another church. Could an individual JW business owner do that?

• biometrics
    biometrics

The congregation I once attended sold a vacant block of land to a christian group.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

yup! It can, my old hall sold to a small church. It was great once the speaker went to the wrong hall, and his wife commented on the "strange windows on the doors that looked like crosses" he ignored her and went inside. Everyone was VERY friendly with him.. he was surprised..then realized he was in the wrong place and showed up at hours. LOL I remember thinking I was surprised he didn't put some "spin" on it. Guess he didn't have enough time to flower up the story more. lol

• jam
    jam

It's funny how things have changed over the years. I was

working for this company that had a contract to do work

inside of a church. I was told no way, not in Satan's house.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Oh I know, they still are terrified even to attend a wedding or funeral at a church, even being careful at flea markets they dont' buy bake goods from the church food stand. But the society can sell to one no sweat.. the Society doesn't work by the same rules as everyone else.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember back in the 1970's they purchased an old synagogue in Washington Heights (Manhattan) which was used for Circuit Assemblies

• integ
    integ

Not to hijack the thread but may I ask how come I don;t have the option of starting a new topic?

Seems I had that "privilege" before.

• jam
    jam

integ: Go to "Home " and under members only, private discussion & support.

• integ
    integ

Jam, Thank you. I'll try that.

Weird things going on. I don't come here as much as I used to and I noticed that the site wasn't listing the number of posts each poster has had and then I log on tonight and see that the post count thing is back.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

here in UK a kingdom hall in Plymouth was sold to a scientology like church......funny how the jws can't take anyone's literature but will always take anyone's money....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit