Great New Article on Blood

by flamegrilled 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Hi

I just got through reading this. It's long, but worth the read. It nails the arguments with many points that I hadntt previously thought of. I was still in 2 minds about blood before but not now.

http://meletivivlon.com/2013/09/10/jehovahs-witnesses-and-the-no-blood-doctrine/

FG

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have not had time to read it yet, but hopefully it will reach an audience, active and/or attending JW's, that would not as yet go to JWfacts.com to read.

Beroean Pickets is a site run by a JW who is of the "thinking class" and certainly awake to most of the theological problems. I like the fact that he has allowed this article to be posted on his site, although he says he is not yet ready to go along with all of it.

What a pleasant open-minded attitude.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Yes, I noticed that too. To begin with I wondered if the person running the site was really a witness, but have read many of the articles it appears that he's the real deal - a witness who is prepared to discus things openly.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The author is obviously a very intelligent JW with advanced powers of critical reasoning who has figured out that a lot of the JW's teachings are totally in error, but they are nevertheless insistent that JW's are the true religion. Link clickable here.

http://meletivivlon.com/2013/09/10/jehovahs-witnesses-and-the-no-blood-doctrine/

Another new site that seems similar is www.jwsrefined.com

• TD
    TD

Several minor inaccuracies, but I guess a JW is ultimately in a better position to write an article for other JW's than a non-JW is...

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Hi TD, are the inacuracies about the doctrine itself? I haven't kept up with the finer point of what is believed so I can't tell. I wanted to share the article with a relative so I would rather know if something is not acurate. FG

• TD
    TD
    Hi TD, are the inacuracies about the doctrine itself? I haven't kept up with the finer point of what is believed so I can't tell. I wanted to share the article with a relative so I would rather know if something is not acurate. FG

No, these are minor and nothing that would affect a JW. The first negative mention of blood transfusion in JW literature was actually in the December 1944 Watchtower. The rest have to do with Judaism and JW misperceptions of it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

TD

Do you recommend a particular article on blood?

• TD
    TD
    Do you recommend a particular article on blood?

Not really. The blood doctrine is faulty on some many fronts that it really depends upon one's personal perspective. I thought the article linked above is very good with believing JW's as the target audience.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'm hoping to put together a number of questions on blood that I should bring up with Witnesses to effectively challenge their blood doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit