3rd or 4th revision of Bible Teach Book???????

by itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Ann, so it is still current "teaching".

I stopped going in F.S because I could find nothing in the Bible that led to 1914. It was only then that I began to research properly, and discovered that 607B.C.E had no support from any non-JW source.

I also Googled it and was intrigued to discover that it is in fact one of those rare years in human History where absolutely NOTHING HAPPENED ! not of historical note anyway.

I think eventually perhaps the WT may be able to allow 1914 to fade away as did 1799, 1873 and 1874, 1925 and fading fast 1975.

As of now they are tied solidly to it, no 1914 = no 1919 = no appointment of FDS/GB.

Their whole claim to authority, and to existence as leaders is based on..................... nothing.

• losingit
    losingit

I'm a bit surprised by the change that seems to indicate their abandonment of Michael the Archangel being JC. Whereas in the first edit, there is a link evident when stating "Michael and his angels and Jesus and his angels," they drop "his angels" thereby givng the impression that Michael and Jesus are separate beings with no connection between them.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Old: During the 19 th century, Adventists sincere Bible students incorrectly calculated that the Armageddon waiting period would end in 1917, 1915, 1914. (Regarding this date, see the Appendix, pages 215-18.) World events that coincidentally began in 1914 confirm that not one thing Russell predicted the calculation plagiarized from the equally incorrect Adventists of these misguided sincere Bible students was absolutely wrong correct.

New: During the 19 th and overlapping 20 th centuries, sincere but wrong Bible students realized they promoted a false prophecy progressively discerned oops that the Armageddon waiting period would begin end in 1914. (Regarding this fictitious date, see the Appendix, pages 215-18.) World events that began in 1914 have been revised and made to appear confirm that the false prophecy understanding of these sincere but wrong Bible students was a 100% failure correct.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ ADCMS

I have the 2005 version of The Bible teach book. I looked all through it

and out of all the scripture cited the WTS deliberately left out what the Bible REALLY teach

ACTS 1:8. They they should be witnesses Of Jesus

ACTS 19: 17 says that the name of Jesus became magnified

Acts: 19:20 says thus In a mighty way the word of God kept growin and prevailing

But the Jehovah's Witnesses introduce a new thought and step over Jesus authority

they witness in the name of another instead of the Christ

By thier own definition they are the Antichrist

Antichrist : Antichrist means against or instead of Christ___Reasoning book page 32

If I have overlooked Acts 1:8 in the Bible teach book. I'll gladly except bein' corrected

in that I may have overlooked it. But I don't see that scripture in my 2005 version of The Bible Teach book

• L3G
    L3G

Thanks for the observations—much appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit