Do You Think It Possible That A Member Of Governing Body Would Ever Commit Suicide Because Of The Pain From Cognitive Dissonance?

by frankiespeakin 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think as things get real tuff for the Governing Body that the build up of stress from dealing with a Corporation founded on lies and manipulation of people that is comming to a head and all the lawsuits and possible criminal prosecution and the day today pressure of having all your decision back fire on you.

The final stage of wishful thinking is the nightmare stage where the whole delusion falls apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking

I'm thinking just like Hitler killed himself rather than face life anymore, that some on the GB may reach that stage.

• zound
    zound

They're cowards - they would avoid critical thinking like the plague and retreat into black and white thinking on all issues. Black and white thinking is comfortable.

Most hardcore JW's are more or less happy in their own little world, it's not till you employ critical thinking that the pain kicks in. I think it would take alot for their delusion to fall apart - throw them in prison and they will just think they are being persecuted (though they'll throw others under the bus to avoid going to prison in the first place)

I don't the GB are having any long dark nights of the soul, or challenging themselves in any way. No crisis of concience for them. They're comfortable being Christs chosen ones.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

I don't wish bad on them but i have absolute contempt for them....

• zound
    zound

I don't wish for this to happen, but I wonder what the fallout would be. Do you think the remaining GB members would withhold information from the Rank and File so as not to alarm them? Or maybe even straight up lie and say brother so and so just died of a heart attack - so there is no 'reproach on Jehovah's name'.

It certainly wouldn't be good publicity if a GB member committed suicide.

• mP
    mP

The GB know very well they are liars and frauds. Stop pretending they are fumbling fools who aretrying in some perverted way to be honest.

• Narcissistic Supply
  • tootired2care
    tootired2care

No, because they've never been fond of real community service.

• Zoos
    Zoos

No.

If I understand the meaning of "cognitive dissonance" correctly, it is triggered by at least a hint of moral or reflective equalibrium.

I believe the governing body is devoid of this characteristic.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Only if their little world collapsed and they were about to be held to justice, like the evil nazi coward Herman Goring.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

With God all things are possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit