Okage Takes Issue with: November 1st 2013 Watchtower Magazine

by okage 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

" For a group that claims to value truth, I take issue with their repeated efforts to whitewash characters from the Bible. Numerous images of Jesus as a white man, numerous depictions of God and the angels as white men, and in this Watchtower, Rahab is portrayed as a white, fair-skinned ginger. I don't recall scripture describing her as such but I don't recall many middle-eastern gingers."

That always bugged me too. Adam and Eve were always shown as whitefellas, and since they were supposed to be perfect, whitefella=perfection. The fact that the oldest traceable races on earth are blackfellas like the Aborigines of Australia and Africa means nothing to them.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Thank you for the citation of source material. I can figure that this is at least a remotely intriguing point of contention in the JW menagerie, being as you do have some archeological facts to work with.

• zound
    zound

So.. what would happen if a JW started using the name YHWH when answering questions at the Watchtower, giving talks and conversations with brothers and sisters?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Why-eightch-vee-eightch? Gosh they'd probably be investigated for apostasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit