I had NO idea about the letter to Hitler......

by Flg8ter 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

This was brand new to me........did some research, like we're not supposed to do ;) and dug up crazy stuff that I had no idea about. My whole life we were taught have bad and evil "Christendom" was for trying to pacify Hiter during his rise to power, and how different we were for standing up to him!

Then I found about the letter dated June 25,1933 from Rutherford and his writting team to Hiter. Here is one excerpt:

"The conference of five thousand delegates also noted - as is expressed in the declaration - that the Bible Researchers of Germany are fighting for the very same high ethical goals and ideals which also the national government of the German Reich proclaimed respecting the relationship of humans to God, namels: honesty of the created being towards its creator.

The conference came to the conclusion that there are no contradictions when it comes to the relationship between the Bible Researchers of Germany to the national government of the German Reich. To the contrary, referring to the purely religious and unpolitical goals and efforts of the Bible Researchers, it can be said that these are in full agreement with the identical goals of the national government of the German Reich."

Ummm....WOW!! And all this stuff is floating out there and undeniable. The power of the internet........

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Ok so one small tiny little itty bitty defence here. Nobody quite knew the extend of Hitlers derangement when this was sent. He basically was starting to control information when this was sent. He had not yet gone to war with Poland, and began gassing people....at least not to anyones knowledge. And even if someone did know.......Rutherford didn't. The ego on that guy.

More concerning to me, if the clearly anti-semetic language.

Either way, "blunder at best" is a good description of it. At the convention during the human apostates ramblings, they said....

"Some apostates have even gone so far as to say the organization supported Hitler (gasp). Can you believe it friends......will their lies ever stop."

I remember thinking.....yeah you kind of did in a boneheaded ego filled idiotic kind of way. Nothing meaningful, just pure stupidity. Regardless though, anyone who now finds this readily available information on the internet, has just seen an apostate lie.

So they are playing ahead of the game. Very interesting. Easier to pick out the people going on line to Satans series of tubes.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Nobody quite knew the extend of Hitlers derangement when this was sent.

On the surface this may seem like a logical 'defense'.

However, if the WT and Rutherford were truly "god's sole channel of communication on earth" and god was directing the WT's every move (as they claim), then Rutherford would have known what kind of man Hitler truly was.

Russell was definitely a Zionist. The WT, under Rutherford, was definitely anti-semitic, and Rutherford used what was already in print in WT literature to curry favor with Hitler. So, in reality, the WT and Hitler's Nazi Regime did see eye to eye on key issues.

To your point, WT did indeed blunder with this statement:

"Some apostates have even gone so far as to say the organization supported Hitler (gasp). Can you believe it friends......will their lies ever stop."

I often say that all you need to determine what WT is guilty of is to see what they argue about, defend or condemn others for doing. This is a sure sign WT is/was guilty of doing the exact same thing.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

No kidding. Yes the guilt flows from the podium with the few things they let out to the rank and file as "apostate teasers" in order to help them know what they already know from trolling around boards such as this one.

Basically I think they introduce a few specific things in a CAN YOU BELIEVE IT kind of manner, so that the brick wall flies up at the slightest mention of what is out in the zetgeist about JW's.

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

I know what you mean......the extent of how truly bad he was, wasn't clear at that point. But, he was that bad, and yet, the spirit directed them to write that letter. Gotta put on the JW hat here........they believe angels and demons are always watching us humans...24/7 as well as God. And God can read hearts and minds......hard for me to believe that Hitler come up with his murderous plan after the letter, directed by holy spirit, was written.

I think they got caught with their pants down......and the internet is bringing it into light. So the solution is to make it a story crafted by apostates.....CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? It's the apostate smoke screen, demonizing them/us.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Links to the references please! This is fantastic

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

Here's where i found it: http://www.bible.ca/jw-hitler.htm

LOTS of info, including pictures of the original letters. Lots of reading.........

• Giordano
    Giordano

Skinned you have but to ask google about JW and Hitler: https://www.google.com/#q=Jehovah's%20witnesses%20and%20hitler then get back to us with the best most truthful account of what was said.

Flg8ler it's always best to add a source.

Here is what was known about Hitler's beliefs long before 1933: http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/Adolf_Hiter_Mein_Kampf.htm

Unfortunatly Rutherford appeared as unstable as Hitler.

• Scully
    Scully

Yes, nobody knew how evil Hitler was at the time, but weren't the JWs also preaching Political Neutralityâ„¢ by then? What's with the hypocritical sucking up to the Reich if you are Politically Neutralâ„¢ and "no part of the world"?

I just received "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich" by M. James Penton. I've got a lot of reading ahead of me...

• Gopher
    Gopher

From what I know, Rutherford already knew Hitler was leading a potentially dangerous regime. My estimation is that he wrote the Declaration of Facts and the letter to Hitler out of fear, to try to get on his good side. They didn't try to cozy up to any other national leader to my knowledge.

Rutherford and his writers were full of crap when they wrote that the German Reich had high ethical goals and ideals. As mentioned before, Mein Kampf was already published and laid out Hitler's ideology for all to see.

When Hitler's regime didn't respond well to the Watchtower's attempted courtship, only then did Rutherford turn 180 degrees and send Hitler a threatening letter saying not to touch the Witnesses or else Jehovah would get him. Hitler didn't take kindly to that and shouted that he wanted the brood of JW's exterminated.

Rutherford was promising his followers a 1000-year rule of God's Kingdom, whereas Hitler was promising HIS followers a 1000-year reich. The two ideologically opposed movements came to loggerheads, and Hitler did what he could to exterminate thousands of JW's in central Europe for the next decade.

The JW's suffering under the Nazi regime was only exacerbated by Rutherford's arrogance and needless confrontation with the world's most evil man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit