Are the doom day fanatics making prediction "Syria"

by jam 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

Isaiah 17;1 The burden against Damascus Syria.

"Behold Damascus will cease from being a city. And it

will be a ruinous heap".

Maybe that's why my son-in-law JW said the end is so

close. LOL

Has anyone heard from any JW's making some connection to

what is happing in Syria and Bible prophecy???

• wasblind
    wasblind

Ain't heard nothin' Jam, I'm trynna stay away from dooms day fanatics

I got money ridin' on 2014 comin' in way before the end

• Perry
    Perry

It's been all over Christian prophecy circles on TV for years and years. Never seemed likely until recently.

We'll se.

• jam
    jam

Perry;This question was ask to me, I know you are a believer and I

I'm curious to what you think. Why is there so much turmoil in a

place that is the birth of Christianity?

• designs
    designs

Be prepared for the Evangelicals to jump on the Tribulation bandwagon if a bigger war breaks out.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

The second coming aside, many Christian websites have been speculating about whether the Syria conflict was prophesied in the Bible . Some scholars believe that this prophecy was fulfilled in 732 BC when Assyrians destroyed the city, while others are convinced that it is an "end times event yet come to pass," according to the Christian Post .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/syria-jesus-second-coming_n_3830214.html?utm_hp_ref=religion

• designs
    designs

There is a big split in modern christianity of the End times and a literal 2nd Coming. The mega-churches mostly teach the world will be converterd to christianity first then the 2nd Coming while others see a huge Judgement ahead for the masses of unsaved.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Isn`t that whole area , SYRIA , IRAQ , LEBANON , ISRAEL , IRAN , a goldmine for end times prophecys with religous christian fundamentalists ? including jehovahs witnesses ? An AAP report stated that a wave of co-ordinated car bombs ripped through shi`ite areas of Baghdad on tuesday killing 50 and wounding more than a hundred.

These, and similar attacks are almost daily occurences in these regions . If this is normal behaviour for these people , then leave them to their own devices. Trying to impose western culture and values, and the sanctity of life on these people is falling on deaf ears.

And christian fundamentalists are making hey while the sun shines .

smiddy

• Perry
    Perry
    Perry;This question was ask to me, I know you are a believer and I I'm curious to what you think. Why is there so much turmoil in a place that is the birth of Christianity?

Are you talking about Israel as a nation or Jerusalem or Antioch where people were first called Christians? I have no idea. Not many christians in those areas now. One prophecy in Zechariah 12 keeps coming to my mind when I think about Israel though:

The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. In that day, saith the Lord, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness:

...In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

....And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

• newdawnfades
    newdawnfades

The Syria situation is a bit of a problem for JW's. The Anglo-American world power are not in synch. What does this mean? Mummy hasn't told us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit