10/5/13: COMING TO A KH NEAR YOU?!

by grumblecakes 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Hey there everybody,

Gota text froman elder in my cong a little while ago informing me of the "annual meeting meeting" to beheld at out hall on oct 5th....what live via satilite? What the?...is this everywhere? Anyone else know about this?

Ps. Sorry my space bar is pretty unresponsive.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

That is correct.

In the US at least, the program will be either broadcast live or replayed again that weekend at both Kingdom and Assembly halls. It's not open the public - but to active publishers. The live broadcast requires an invitation - preference is given to members with congregational responsiblility, full time pioneers and those who have been 'in' for many years.

This is an organizational first.

We were offered invitations/tickets in July.... but politely declined citing 'being out of town' during that weekend.

ginger

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Thank goodness that in the UK only those really special ones are invited to the events at assembly halls/bethel. At least the rest of us mere mortals don't have to sit through 3.5 hours of tripe whilst repeatedly telling ourselves how privilaged we are to be considered spiritual enough to be able to feed at the table of the GB.

Even as a MS with 20+ years I wasn't worthy of an invite. Now as a pretty much inactive publisher I am lucky to be allowed in through the door of the hall...

• steve2
    steve2

There will be keenly felt pain and disappointment regarding the absence of receiving an invitation. Not.

• losingit
    losingit

I wonder if you could call in to hear it?

• label licker
    label licker

Here in Ontario, only certain congregations got an invite by a letter being read from the platform. They have to go to the assembly hall where it will be played twice each day, two days in a row. Other halls didn't get an invite.

• trujw
    trujw

You know what's funny. Have they really ever said anything new. I mean really. The end is close, obey us, give donations. Oh and apostates are bad.

• prologos
    prologos

Trujw: last year's Octoberfest: Paul, Peter, Mathew, John, James, Luke while giving spiritual food

WERE NOT THE faithful & discreet slave! but:

gb: WE ARE, and

WE LOVE THAT IDEA.

so now, you better love it too, or you are a human apostate.

The October revolution,

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Why are only some congregations invited? How do they choose?

Is itseriously 3.5 hrs ong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit