Newspaper Article: Press Telegram-JWS BRING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO LONG BEACH - (JW beliefs discussed including date setting)

by AndersonsInfo 30 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Is it just me ?.... or is their something , not quite right , out of place , or just plain hypocritical with jehovahs witnesses , with their dealings , working with councels ,government departments , local communities etc.etc.

And their uncompromising stand that councils , government departments , local communities etc.etc. the " world " outside of the jehovahs witness umberella are all under the influence of Satan the Devil, the God of this system of things , who jehovah is going to destroy at armageddon , including man woman and child ,very soon ,imminently , or just around the corner . Take your pick.

And then accepting the praise and kudos for bringing such prosperity to the city or town for holding their conventions./ assemblys.

How do you think the people would really feel if they knew how jehovahs witnesses honestly regard them , as deserving of death for not being a jehovahs witness , whether they be man woman or child .

So I ask again ...is it ...Just Me ?

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

17 million (Memorial) participants?

participants = partakers in the book, see last supper.

wt dishonest double talk like :

you (seven millions) will not die,

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks for posting this. It is a well-written piece of journalism. I hope readers get past the convention part and find the part about shunning. Poor woman. How can a person be a better husband/wife/mother/father/brother/sister and shun their own family?

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

This is awesome. best business model i've seen in my entire life. Brilliant I say...

They should use that billion dollar windfall to buy millions of these.....

• flipper
    flipper

This is a good article -more articles need to be written exposing how dangerous and hurtful shunning is within the JW organization and how subversive this organization is. Good job Barbara, thanks for posting this

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"Every year, 150,000 to 180,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses hold their conventions here, generating an estimated $64.5 million in economic impact, according to the Long Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau."

$64.5 million divided by 180,000=$358 per person. Total BS.

$64.5 million divided by 150,000=$430 per person. Still more Total BS.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Every year, 150,000 to 180,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses hold their conventions here, generating an estimated $64.5 million in economic impact,
    according to the Long Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau.
    By comparison, the economic boon of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach is a mere $40 million.
    In fairness, the Jehovah’s Witness gathering isn’t a single weekend. Instead, a series of conventions are held over 15 weekends during the summer,
    including this weekend.

In 15 weekends the WBT$ generates $64.5 Million Dollars..

In 1 weekend the Toyota Grand Prix generates $40 Million Dollars..

Business expenses for 1 weekend VS business expenses for 15 week ends..

Business Owners are..

Not Impressed with WBT$ JW`s..

Local businesses say they see an uptick in business, though spread out over 15 weekends it doesn’t feel anything like the annual
    weekend packed with racing enthusiasts.
    “We see a bump in revenue. It can be up to 15 percent when (the Witnesses) are in town, but it is not every time,”
    said Ken Stewart, general manager of Broadway Pizza and Grill.
    “It’s noticeable but not substantial,” agreed Ernie Romo, general manager of King’s Fish House on Broadway.
    Romo said the restaurant gets a handful of additional tables in for early dinner when the Witnesses are in town.

I Hate That..

Effin Dog!!..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

BTTT!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

"Most of the righteous — including some non-Jehovah’s Witnesses — will be rewarded with a sort of heaven on earth." Where did that come from?

• Jagged Red Pill
    Jagged Red Pill

Maybe it's just me, but had to laugh at this:

“ Some people think we don’t believe in Jesus ... or that we are anti-social, or that we are a cult. People think of cults as secret. We are not secret. We go door to door talking to people,” Martinez said.

Lets look at this from a mathematical/boolean point of view, just for fun.

This spokesperson states that when “people think” that JWs do not believe in Jesus, they are arriving to the wrong conclusion, they are in effect wrong. He has stated too that when “people think” JWs are antisocial, they are also wrong. Therefore, in this context, this person sets the premise that what “people think” is invariably wrong. So as a consequence of that, when “people think” that cults are secret, they are wrong. So by his own reasoning, cults would be deemed as not secret. So this is when the fun starts:

IF cult = not secret AND JWs= not secret

THEN JWs= not secret = cult

THEN Jws= cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit