Confidentiality - an essay by me

by Scully 24 Replies latest members private

• wary
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Great essay. Well thought out and reasoned. Did you get any flack for quoting from the Pay Attention book?

00DAD

• wary
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The essay is well-written. It had to take so much to create a thoughtful, well written essay. I imagine there were many drafts. It is so polished. Sadly, it is rare to come across such good writing.

My comment has to do with the difficulty of those here who use JW subjects in academic work. Through college and law school. I was very tempted to research something which held my interest. Frankly, I did not want anyone to know I was a former Witness. It carried stigma for me. Of course, the greatest source of stigma came from myself. I shyed away from JW topics b/c of my rage.

My Catholic friends researched Catholic subjects in religious courses and received the worst grades of their career. It is so hard to be neutral when one's passions are so aroused.

I've read posts here or even just read about a proposed term paper. It is joyful that other people can go where I cannot go. JWs and domestic abuse trigger me so deeply all I can do is give money.

Thanks.

A nice second topic would be addressing whether doctors/dentists have a duty to screen JWs as employees. Antireligious discrimination laws are very strong but medical privacy is so pressing. Theocratic warfare --it places the professional in the position of possibly increased malpractice insurance. I like the tension between two factors held sacred by Americans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit