*BEING ANOINTED, MARRIED,*????

by zev 23 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Zev
    i couldn't ask these questions obviously, while i was still "in"...questions like this get you in trouble, right?

I know exactly what you mean and that was probably the major reason
    I was always considered a bad sheep even as a child. I would get mad if I didn't get answers.
    Just couldn't take it anymore.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Hello Zev,

what happens when one of the mates is "anointed" and the other is not?
    How do I justify, the marriage arrangement, according to the Bible, and the witchpower, with the fact that one of those "anointed" would be taken away from the other mate, thereby dissolving the marriage?

I supposed it would be no different than you both growing old and dying eventually. One would come back to earth [according to WT doctrine] and the other would go to heaven. You could ask the same if you had multiple marriages, and all your wives died. Who would be your wife in the ‘new system’? None, death is the end of the marriage contract. I’m sure if it’s God’s arrangement he would heal the grief and heartache just the same as when you lose a loved one. In time it’s less painful to think about, and you move on with life. If you were looking at eternity, it [a marriage] would just be a tiny speck of time, and just one more experience in billions that would be in store for you.
    But the WT doctrine doesn’t hold water, either no one alive now is anointed, or we all have the chance if we are good people in Jesus’ eyes. Why worry Zev? Make the most of life now, be a good person and the future is to come.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

James AIRVIEW1: Are you on drugs? Did you know Marie Osmond is from the Church of Latter Day Saints? I think only the men go to heaven in the Mormon faith...I could be wrong. You may have to make do with Donny Geez I loved him...Puppy Love and his big cheesy smile. Marie does nothing for me sorry. Your story was brilliant, captivating...almost real. I was starting to get nervous feelings for Marie.

puffsrule: Your great grandfather must have been a real asshole..sorry..I hope that doesn't offend you. I look back at my own families background...and to my horror I discovered that my grandmother's brother molested his kids. This was kept quiet...but there was never any effort made to stop it. My JW grandmother knew that her brother was a pig...and she did nothing to stop him from interfering her neices....rather she kept it quiet because of the shame.

Francois: bonk/boink...it depends on your accent Isn't boink the sound a ping pong ball makes? Woops..no..that was on "Prisilla Queen of the Desert" lol.

Beck

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Yeah, this one used to bother me too.

I remember going throught the "Revelation, its Grand Anticlimax is At Hand" book (or whatever it was called) and there being this whole 144,000 = anointed = bride class equation. I couldn't help thinking that if there was a bridegroom (that was supposed to be Jesus, yes?) and a bride and then a heavenly marriage, then after that there was bound to be some sort of heavenly consumation. So, not only did the earthly mate loose the anointed mate, they had to endure the knowledge that they were getting bonked (boinked, whatever!) by the Christ at the same time. Sorry to lower the tone, folks, but I really did used to worry about this sort of rubbish.

Iggy the fish.

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you. Bah! I deride your truth-handling abilities!"
    Side Show Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit