Passing time at assemblies

by joelbear 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

For a few years, I was the guy in food service who made the coffee. That was a gravy job, except for the pre-convention prep work. The prep work involved cleaning the coffee maker, sometimes with drain opener. Also had to run around asking this brother and that for supplies. Other than that it was pretty cool.
    I always got to leave the morning session early for the lunch break and leave the Sunday afternoon session early for clean-up. I got to eye every sister who came through the kitchen, and sometimes the ones who worked the food stands when I delivered. Plus, I was a young teenager IN CHARGE of a department and got treated like a "heavy" in food service.
    Of course eventually C. B. Mitchell got me jacked from coffee. Then I just "mingled".

Mike.

whatever...

• TR
    TR

I had the dubious distinction of being an attendant that lovingly reminded our dear brothers and sisters to keep their goddam feet and coats off the rails on the upper levels at the Tacoma Dome.

One year, I volunteered to help prepare hoagies and sandwiches for lunch. One young kid on the assembly line exclaimed; Hey! We're Jehoagie's Witnesses! I secretly laughed, but outwardly expressed my contempt for the youth who so deliberately trashed Jehoagie's- I mean, Jehovah's name.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• waiting
    waiting

lol.....I was the one who came in with my husband 1/2 hr late to each session. Could always find seats in the nosebleed section, but had to endure a hundred teenagers on the make.

Too dark to read up there, so after checking out what all the sisters were wearing (women do that naturally) - I'd just kinda doze until clapping started. I think that's why they clap so much - wake everybody up occasionally.

My husband could absolutely sleep during the clapping. Slightly embarrassing.

Usually USC colliseum, Columbia, SC.

hey tr

attendant that lovingly reminded our dear brothers and sisters to keep their goddam feet and coats off the rails
    Betcha you were polite though. I think the worst were the walking attendants with the stupid signs "please sit down." "please no talking." Even if you tried to explain to them.....they'd just stupidly smile, and show you the stupid sign. I hated them.

waiting

• TR
    TR

Your right, Waiting. I usually had to be told by some asshole attendant, er, brother, to go tell the sis/bro to remove their coat/feet from the rail. I hated doing that. Felt like a frickin nag.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've never had much common sense, so when I was assigned the job of walking around the seats picking up trash, I screwed up ROYALLY!

If it was not a book or secured in a container I threw it away! LOL! Had a bunch of pissed off JWs digging through my bags of garbage trying to find their stuff!

I didn't do it on purpose, like I said, I just don't have much common sense - I was taken off Trash Duty very quickly!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• waiting
    waiting
    I was taken off Trash Duty very quickly!

I'll bet you were! And I would have been one of those people suckin' my teeth at you if you threw my things away. (southern expression, btw)

waiting

• orbison
    orbison

about 10 yrs ago there was a party after at a hotel, young ones, one male went out on roof to go to the bathroom, about a 3-4 storey apt blds, and he fell off and died, was not a good time
    orbi

• Jonah
    Jonah

In Madera CA, I got to carry the "Quiet Please" sign around, excellent for checking out cute young Pioneers.

Hanging out with the binoculars at Fresno Convention center...

The "dramas" were my favorite. Grown men in burlap gowns pretending to be Joseph. I still have contact with the lady who played Mary Magdalene, she was typecast!

If all else fails, Babtism is good for seeing a little skin!

Great Thread!

• LDH
    LDH

Jonah,

I'm in Fresno. I know most of the Fresno peeps on this board. Feel free to email me if you want. If you don't want your identity revealed, go into the profile section and lock your email.

Lisa

• berten
    berten

-- Watching the giant clock above the podium,seeing the seconds
    being counted away,Yes! another minute gone,59 to go.
    -- pretending to go to the toilets,and just going outside.
    -- Taking notes,or pretending to,but actually solving logic puzzles.
    -- During watchtower study,putting the awake! inside it and reading
    that instead of the WT-article.
    -- Watching sparrows flying through the hall.
    -- Mentally undressing that sexy sister,sitting a few metres away from me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit