I am unlike other men

by joelbear 11 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I'm not talking about the homo thing here.

I am very different. I learn differently. I am odd, very eccentric sense of humor.

I have decided that instead of trying to get one doctorate degree that I am going to try and get several bachelors degrees in different areas of interest.

I like too many things to concentrate on one subject.

I have worked at the same type of job for the last 20 years and have never been happy. For the next 20 I think I will see how many different kinds of jobs I can have.

I want to experience lots of stuff.

I want to meet lots of different people on my journey.

Does this make sense?

Joel

• radar
    radar

Joel

It makes sense to me.

If you have the freedom to move around then do it.

• spender
    spender

it makes perfect sense. when I work on one area of study for too long, it starts to bore me. I like learning about all sorts of different things, even though I know that I won't be the best at any one of them. There's lots of advantages to being a "jack of all trades".

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Good for you Joelbear....Go for it!

Lizard

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

Joel it certainly does...I am unlike anyother woman --- unique I think the word is Joel...I get bored easily and I have as yet settled with a church any religion --am fickled with men -- a different every day Joel..I am a loner and for the most part prefer to be with myself and maybe an hour and then I gota be by myself the rest of the day / and or night!! LISA is doing errands and I do not mind it one bit being left behind and do not see it as a punishment--I see it as a reward/blessing--I SUPPOSE ONE CAN say I see things differently than a normal person !!! have a good day !!!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I think you make sense, Joel, I just left the borg and feel the same way about life. I always wanted to be a nurse, but I thought the time was too short to be undertaking something that would not be needed in the new world. Bull bolony!!! I hope they will accept me in nursing school when I am 40, I need to stay home with the kids for now. But that is a goal , only one of them, since now I have many
    more goals to accomplish. More power to you on your adventures!

• TheStar
    TheStar

Of course it make sense Joel.

I feel the same way. I have been wanting to go back to school and get a bachelor's degree but do not know what to major in because I have so many interests. Recently I've gone back and forth in trying to decide if I should continue with my first career love I had before I was a JW or to pursue new interests.

Like you, I want to experience as much as I can in my life time because it's the only one I know for sure that I have. I want to learn from meeting and getting to know different people and their backgrounds.

Go for it Joel, don't let anything hold you back.

• TexSham
    TexSham

he's goin postal

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

yes! a little different, but not that different.

my own interests cross a wide variety of fields....

and i think of a friend of mine who has a masters degree in italian, and has just finished a masters degree in hindu culture, and now speaks hindu well... in the process, he has become an expert in south indian dance.

he and his partner (who is from india), have bought a property near newcastle university, let rooms to students and are developing a plant nursery based on organic principles.

Raj also looks after the data base for a large insurance company..

these guys have a beautiful home (not expensive) built on a steep hillside, with the bedroom and study in the treetops, looking out over the broadwater near gosford nsw.

i sometimes get envious - must be a beautiful place to lie in bed and make love as the moon rises over the lake....

go for it joel!!!!!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Y'all need Prozac to help you focus better. NOT!!! Just teasing you guys.

Love,
    Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit