JW Mission = Find all checker floors in WT publications

by bytheirworks 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/quick-history-checkerboard-flo-136019

first thing that showed up on a google search for "history of checkered floors." I think Solomon's temple had a checkered floor. That predates Freemasons by about two thousand years.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

My kitchen has checkered floors. It must be the free masons.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

If you wear your coat inside out and backwards the fairies won't see you. Look for backwards clothes too. Also look for pictures of horses with tangled mains. Pixie ridden. All demonic.

My assessment is that the same lack of logical thinking that led you into the Watchtower is leading you to this.

Oh, one last thought. The restroom floors in the NY Times are tiled with square tiles. I'm fairly certain that means they're part of a vast Masonic consipiracy, or that the tiles were cheap and nice.

• processor
    processor
    My kitchen has checkered floors. It must be the free masons.

We should not forget that the WTS produces THOUSANDS of pictures. PER YEAR. So, no wonder that SOME of these show checkered floors.

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

@ Jeff, what proof is there in the Bible that Solomon's temple had checker floors?

If there is none, why does the Watchtower depict it as such?

@ processor, but the Watchtower's checker floors are associated with Solomon's temple or worship.

What is that about?

@ Barrold Bonds & Mr Freeze & Old Goat & Resistance is Futile... I on you.

Stop "beating your fellow slaves" off... and read something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchtower_(magic)

(Copy & pate the link if it doesn't work)

• processor
    processor

Besides ...

Solomon's temple had a checkered floor

1 Kings 6:15 seems to indicate that Solomons temple had a checkered floor. This is a 'worldly' picture of it: http://anthrowiki.at/Datei:Sheba_demin.jpg

According to various sources, the Freemasons use the checkered floor because it “is a representation of the ground floor of King Solomon’s Temple”. So, if the WTS shows the temple with a checkered floor, they do that based on the Bible, and they are NOT using a masonic symbol.

Btw, I have a quite impressive collection of Watchtower pictures on my disk, and I could only find a single one showing a checkered floor - and that one picture shows Solomon's temple.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile
    I'm sorry, this is the sort of bollox that makes ExJW's look nuts.

I agree. There are many legitimate criticisms that can be made of the Watchtower Corporation, a few checkered floors out of hundreds of pictures is not one of them in my opinion.

bytheirworks, if you find this topic interesting, may I recommend a more scientific approach and less of a superstitious one? Try and take a random sample of images found in Watchtower publications. The bigger the sample size the better. Then calculate the percentage of those pictures that contain checkered floors. If there is a significant amount, we can than have a more critical discussion of a possible Freemason connection.

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

@ Processor. Thanks for your help.

I Kings 6:15 says: "The entire inside, from floor to ceiling, was paneled with wood. He paneled the walls and ceilings with cedar, and he used planks of cypress for the floors."

Where does that mean checker floors? Not a single Bible commentary says alternating material or colors were used ON THE FLOOR.

You said: "Btw, I have a quite impressive collection of Watchtower pictures on my disk, and I could only find a single one showing a checkered floor - and that one picture shows Solomon's temple."

Check these that I posted earlier:

1) My Book of Bible Stories (Story 63) Remember that picture of Solomon's soldier about to cut the baby in 2?

2) My Book of Bible Stories (Story 98)

3) Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained (Page 117) Daniel praying on Checker Floor with Angel

4) Insight Volume 2 (Inside Cover)

5) You Can Live Forever (Page 149)

6) Big Reference Bible (Page 1594 - top picture & bottom picture)

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Was it Freud that said "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

Sometimes a checkered floor is just a checkered floor. Sometimes humans just like to have some variation in their lives with alternating colors on their floors.

If there was a conspiracy theory, what would it actually mean? Would it mean that the artist working for the WTBTS is somehow showing others that's rein the know that "wink wink we are sending out a hidden message to the others out there "in the know", we still are "involved" with the Masons.

Please explain what the actual function of putting these pics in the art perform.

What is the benefit to the WTBTS for putting artwork of a checkered floor into print?

NJY

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

The temples all had stone floors in the courtyard. They would be "checkered" by default. There is no rational thought behind this claim.

The uiniversity where I teach has checkered floors in the cafeteria and in the commons. I'm betting that the bad food is a masonic conspiracy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit