Lurkers/faders in the US - a heads up on next week's service meeting (Warwick HQ project to be discussed)

by cedars 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi folks

Atlantis has very kindly let me see a copy of the Aug 21, 2013 letter to all bodies of elders in the United States.

They are being instructed to re-organize the service meeting for the week commencing September 2nd (next week) to include a special recruitment talk to attract skilled volunteer workers for the new Warwick HQ.

An interesting feature of the letter is its comparison of the project with Nehemiah's rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem. Considering the relocation of HQ is financially motivated more than anything, the analogy is more than a little bewildering.

Here is a scan of the opening comments of the two-page outline, to be given in the next local needs item...

volunteer letter

And here is my article on the subject...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/watchtower-recruits-volunteer-workforce-for-warwick-hq-construction-project

Hope you find this informative.

Cedars

• Mum
    Mum

The prime real estate in Brooklyn Heights is not "in ruins." That's a false analogy, to say the least.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

THANKS for the info...so good to be awake!

SW

• Tech49
    Tech49

And what they conveniently forget to mention, out of design, is that they aren't willing to help out with the expenses involved in undertaking the "grand opportunity" to help them out.

I am a business owner, and have a highly sought after skill for new construction projects like this. WT is repeatedly calling my office, trying to get me and 1 of my main guys to come out. In order for me to "help out", I would have to purchase plane tickets from the West Coast at approx $1100 each, and take 1 to 2 weeks off work, out of my office and out of the field. I wont go into the details on how much that is worth, but lets just say its ALOT!

So my "contribution" to the project in Warwick would be several thousands directly out of pocket. In this economy, that's a pretty hard thing to ask of those who are just now beginning to rise up onto their feet again.

Maybe if they chipped in for plane tickets, or something (God knows they have the cash), it might make things more feasible.... even the average Joe Publisher with useable skills can hardly cough up that much cash and time off of their regular paying jobs... Hell, I can't even count service time for my 2 week "vacation" in upstate NY (if you are a Reg Pio you can!).

Its all about DONATE DONATE DONATE GIVE GIVE GIVE. But in the end, all you do is PAY PAY PAY PAY. Stay in their cheap "apartment" dorm rooms, drink cheap coffee, work 12 hr days, and then have to hurry up and get your a$$ home to keep the "worldly" business running before the bills stack up too high and things go sideways. Oh what a "privilege" and a "blessing"!!

No thanks.

Tech49

• Stealth
    Stealth

“Those who volunteer to assist at Warwick may have to make sacrifices in order to help.” But it promises, “Jehovah will richly reward their efforts.”

Exactly how will Jehovah richly reward their efforts?

Will he pay your bills at home while your off giving free labor that will richly reward the governing body?

I just love how the push the compenstation for your sacrifices off on Jehovah so they have no skin in the game.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Here's the link to download the BOE letter provided by Atlantis/Nevada:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/259744/1/2013-August-21-BOE

• prologos
    prologos

so, Nehemiah was working on building the office (temple), (walls) to last until 70 CE some 900 ? years into future.? --- where is the end-times analogy?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

YES thank you so much for the info!

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

We are building a religion

We are building it bigger

We are widening the corridors

And adding more lanes

We are building a religion

A limited edition

We are now accepting callers