New Flock Book - Child Abusers NOT excluded from serving again

by allelsefails 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jhine
    jhine

Are known child abusers allowed to go door to door and take studies in homes if the unsuspecting householder asks them to ? We focus on offenders being or not being allowed to have positions of power , and it seems that this is a "grey " area , and indeed there is a thread indicating that , yes known abusers can become elders again . Is it not dangerous to let known abusers go door knocking and have access to children that way ? Also unsuspecting JWs let any person in the congregation have access to their children while going door to door . It seems to me that having positions of power is only one situation that needs looking at . I know that their should be two JWs at studies but I also know that in practice this does not always happen , if one of the two ladies who conduct my friends study cannot come then very often only one of them turns up .

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"the sin may involve past child abuse"

The problem is, people here are assuming that this phrase refers to sexual abuse and pedophilia, but that is not necessarily true. "Child Abuse" is a very broad spectrum, with the exact definition often being controversial.

For example, a new spanking ban is passed and soon after a Witness father is accused and convicted of "child abuse" for spanking his son. Does this disqualify the man from ever serving in a position of responsibiliy in the congregation again?

Zero Tolerance policies are Zero Intelligence policies - they eliminate the need for common sense and rational decisions based on the specifics of each individual situation, and often lead to absurd or unjust results as a consequence.

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/student_sentenced_to_one-year_expulsion_for_possession_of_nail_clippers

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Teary Oberon is hitting multiple threads concerning abuse, and always playing " Devil's advocate." Interesting..

The Shepherd book is a joke, based on the WTBTS's interpretaion of the bible. If they truly follwed the scriptures, there would be no multi-billion dollar corporation to protect with weasel words and contradictory statements made to confuse and deflect.

All the apologetics in the world do not erase the hypocrisy and legalism of the Organization. A reading of the Conti transcripts are proof of that.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Yes, the elders are getting approached by pedophiles in our circuit asking to be used with your quote of the Elder Book. Your not seeing the entire logic behind this, I can tell you one thing, there's more to that paragraph continuing off a paper trail to test whether a pedophile qualifies again. They will make their way back in to Kingdom Hall because Jehovah's Witnesses as a whole are stupid fools, they have no problem kicking a young couple out for fornication while they allow a sex-offender to regain credibility by being used in the Kingdom Hall.

I've done my share trying to rid every Kingdom Hall I was in of pedophiles serving in higher places, now it's up to all the Silent JWs who sit on their thumbs and allow Chester-the-Child-Molesters to grope their kids! There is a brother in my Kingdom Hall who has had eight sisters lodge complaints about him groping them, they all backed down once it was time to confess what brother "hand up your blouse" did, all eight are gone from our Kingdom Hall, he still lives because he went to bat for two sex-offending creeps. This is the love Jehovah's Witnesses are known for, hate pre-martial sex and love your pedophile elder or servants!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, but in the Shepherding the Flock book have some referenced articles in those paragraphs that discussed child abuse of a sexual nature? If this is so, it would seem that the child abuse talked about in this part of the STF elders book was not talking about spanking too hard.

NJY

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I would think it would be better to be over cautious and not risk letting anyone who is on any sex offender list or who has been known to abuse in any way, shape or form to be an elder, ever. You dont risk a child's well being. Child molesters are rarely cured of their sexual inclinations and usually have a good story to tell about how it was just a misunderstanding, he didn't actually do it, she looked 18, etc. The typical elder doesn't really have the training or experience to be able to judge if the molester is a danger, experience has shown they will often err on the side of protecting a fellow elder rather than the children in the congregation.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Tery Oberon - Notice the WT article refered is specifically talking about Child Molesters. Not "abusers". What I didn't know at the time is that a "known" child molester is not just a guilty one. It is one certified "known" by the branch. Aparently anyone that keeps their sin secret long enough can qualify to be a servant or elder again.

Straightshooter - a 16 year old that messes around with a 15 year old is not a child molester under any definition. Otherwise I would be one because my girlfriend at the time was 5 months younger than me. That's just stupid of those elders.

There is a huge difference between pedophiles - people attracted to pre-pubescent children and ephebophiles - people attracted to teenagers. In times past it was common to marry 13-15 year children to older people and think nothing of it. I don't think this is ok and certainly not in the case of forced or arranged marriages. Pedophilia is a DISEASE however and no one that has ever molested a pre-pubescent child should ever be trusted around children again. There is no known cure. I believe repentant pedophiles can have God's forgiveness, but never our trust.

If "all else fails" - try common sense.

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

Is it possible the Organization put this in the Elder Book to promote a false hope with a pedophile who is trying to get some type of position in the Kingdom Hall? Jehovah's Witnesses feel their entire networth is based off their priviledges received from the Organization. If no carrot is dangling in front of the former position holder pedophile, what hope is left if the Society say's "Sorry freak show, we got nothing left for you! Our liability insurance along with our legal department has said it's best if you sit in the back and keep your mouth shut!"

They must create the illusion there is hope for convicted pedophiles who boldy came forward after they were accused of sexually assualting young men or women. What if the pedophiles are big donors in the Kingdom halls? just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit