Elder's attitude to dating a non-believer vs acting like a Christian

by ItsMyLife 21 Replies latest social relationships

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    ItsMyLife - My gorgeous guy is feeling bewildered and confused as to how they can profess to be true christians when they are being so uncharitable towards the both of us.

Hi ItsMyLife, I'm sympathetic to you are your BF's confusion about your father's reaction and the WTBTS's doctrine. I could not believe it when my former friend who is a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW told me that her family would shun her if she were to marry me as a non-JW and she agreed with her family shunning me.

Your BF will better understand your father and the WTBTS if he reads Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visit his website www.freedomofmind.com, and watching videos on his website. Reading Steve Hassan's book CCMC helped me a lot to understand the behavior of my former friend. The simple answers are that the WTBTS uses BITE control techniques that victimizes JWs and causes some of JWs to suffer from emotional disorders such as creating cult and authentic personas and suffering from psychosomatic illnesses.

Best of wishes helping your father to critically think for himself and enjoying your relationship with your BF.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• jgnat
    jgnat

Your man is absolutely right that this is un-Christian behavior. The sooner he stops thinking of Witnesses as another kind of Christian the less baffled he will be.

I suggest you offer a few threats of your own. If he can't treat your future husband as a member of the family, he will not be welcome for dinner in your home. You have another ace up your sleeve. One day you may make your dad a grandpa. Does he want a relationship with his future grandchildren or not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit