New system school K-12 JWs only school

by dogon 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon

http://www.newsystemschool.org

I ran acorss this on FB. Its a school that is just for JWs. WTF for I don't know, you only need to know how to knock on doors and push propaganda in someones hands. I can't believe the WBTS is not putting and end to it. They used to never let anyone control anything, and I have never heard of hte WBTS having an offical school. WTF is the world coming to.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    New System School, Inc.
    National Office
    122 Richland Dr.
    Pulaski, TN 38478
    Tennessee
    250 Tampico Church Rd.
    Rutledge, TN 37861
    Alabama Only
    100 S. Hickory St.
    Tuscumbia, AL 35674
    Florida Only
    8509 Havana Hwy
    Havana , FL 32333-4266
    South Carolina Only
    PO Box 84247
    Lexington, SC 29073
    Virginia Only
    195 Orchard Rd.
    Staunton, VA 24401

N ew System School, Inc. , was created for the purpose of helping parents who were looking for an alternative to the public school system for their children's education. The school was started in North Carolina in 1980. In 1985 the school was incorporated in Missouri, and associated corporations have since been formed in many states. We have students and faculty in 35 states, several foreign countries...and we're still growing!

New System School, Inc., is an organization of parents who wish to be very closely involved in their children's educational process. They have made legal arrangements to be recognized as a private religious school. This is not a home school satellite situation, but a private religious school with a faculty and non-institutional campus arrangement.

We are a non-profit, private religious school created for the children of Jehovah's Witnesses. We are not sponsored by any local congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses or The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc. of New York .

• Gayle
    Gayle

35 states? Many years ago there was one in Phoenix, AZ. But it didn't last long. I can't think that a JW school would last. In reality, JWs, as a group, can't handle any events or programs that involve 'real' life skills for long. Especially outside of the 'controlled' WTS.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

There used to be one in Queens, NY about 20 years ago, I really doutbt it's in existence today

• Calebs Airplane
  • steve2
    steve2

BTTT

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

it's not sanctioned by WT at all. i know a kid who did it and he's dumber than a box of rocks. he powered through the whole thing and graduated high school when he was 16 so he could start pioneering. It's sort of a hybrid of home schooling and time spent with other students in the area.

his dad liked the system because he didn't have to take classes like 'algebra' or 'calculus' because he felt they were not needed.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Faith Schools of any sort are simply a disaster, the resultant adult has spent all their life in a bubble of delusion.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In the state where I live a teacher must earn a Bachelor's degree AND a teaching credential (which is similar to a Master's degree) before they are considered qualified to teach in an accredited school. This of course does not guarantee that all teachers are good, but at least they are educated, trained and licensed to teach.

Since JWs are discouraged from getting higher education this school would have to be run by unqualified teachers and administrators!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Here's a nice piece of curriculum from the NSS FAQ:

What is BOOK-IT?
    This is a reading incentive program sponsored by Pizza Hut for Kindergarten through 6th grade students. It begins in the fall of each year, and lasts for five months. During this time you may enroll your child in the Book-It program. Coupons will be sent to you for five free personal pan pizzas for each participating child. The child does not need to know how to read. You may read the books to them, or be teaching them to read from books. It is a fun program for the children!

Isn't that nice? Your "child does not need to know how read" to participate in this home school program. But you do get coupons for free pizzas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit