Being dis-fellowshipped or dis-associated

by Smitty 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Smitty
    Smitty

NameWithheld,
    I have noticed the group response also.

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

I DAd in March 1994. For those who know me [i.e., the former congregation]: They won't talk to me, so my talking to them would be pointless. Yet, I no longer live in the congregation's area. So, its a moot point. However, regarding the "commandment" given by the "Holier than thou" elders to DFd and DAd people: "don't speak to other JWs", I don't buy into that. If I see a JW on the street or if I come to know that someone is a JW through conversation, I'm not going to "curl up" and say "I'm DAd, so don't speak to me". That's bull. I'll talk to them [and have done so] without their knowing who I am.

• meat pie
    meat pie

JWinSF am I right in thinking that a DFd person is told not to speak to JWs? If I get DFd(probable) I'd just LOVE them to try that one on me. I'd laugh my socks off and ask them on what real legal authority they could say that. Oh I do hope they try that. I have been wondering why someone was warned off but I cannot see what the elders can do about it.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I didn't use to talk to them, it was very awkard. If they said Hi I would say hi back, but I would keep it short. I wouldn't be rude to someone. Now though I would talk to them no problem. I would share with them my new found wisdom so they wouldn't feel like they had to go back.

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• seedy3
    seedy3

The JDubs don't know me here, and even if they did I'd still talk to them. None the less, I wait with baited breath for them to come to my door, just to send them away with a thought or two in their heads about the wierd beleifs they have. OUr conersations are usually friendly, and non combative, but very pointed.

Seedy

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Hi Meat Pie,

As far as I remember, yes, they're basically told that it's their duty to inform other JWs that they are DFd. Kinda like a leper walking through the streets saying "unclean, unclean". LOL

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I don't go out of my way to speak to any, but if I run into some, I might say hi. So far, no returns.

However, when the dub wife was still here and some came into the house, I let it be known that if they could not greet me or be cordial to me inside my own home, they were not welcome to stop by. Since I took that stance, the dub wife took her brats and left. No more worry about any of their "friends" stopping by now. So, I greet and discuss anything I wish with the poodle and the two cats. They were never baptized, so they don't shun me.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((Dakota Red)))))

• kheli
    kheli

I tried to be nice and speak to one JW I ran into a few months ago, but she was quite nasty to me.

So my plan is to shun them before they shun me (with a smile on my face the whole time). Why go all out to be nice to people who treat me like I'm less than human?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit