Sending Mentally Diseased Apostates To The Gas Chamber For Over 100 Years.

by Narcissistic Supply 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

On behalf of the Watchtower corporation i would like to thank you for your help.

2004 – 360 Furman Street – sold for $205 million
    2006 – 67 Livingston Street – sold for $18.6 million
    2006 – 89 Hicks Street – sold for $14 million
    2007 – 169 Columbia Heights – sold for $50 million
    2011 – 50 Orange Street – sold for $7.1 million
    2012 – 165 Columbia Heights – sold for $4.1 million
    2012 – 161 Columbia Heights – sold for $3 million
    2012 – 183 Columbia Heights – sold for $6.6 million
    2012 – 105 Willow Street – sold for $3.3 million
    2012 – 34 Orange Street – sold for $2.825 million
    2012 – Bossert Hotel – sold for $81 million
    2012 – 67 Remsen Street – sold for $3.25 million
    2013 – 173 Front Street, 177 Front Street & 200 Water Street – sold for $30.6 million
    2013 – 55 Prospect Street, 81 Prospect Street, 117 Adams Street, 77 Sands Street, 90 Sands Street & 175 Pearl Street – sold for $375 million
    TOTAL (so far) – $804,375,000

• Iamallcool
  • Gopher
    Gopher

I'm just waiting to see the sale price (non-taxable profit) they will make from selling the 25 and 30 Columbia Heights buildings.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Gaslighting

http://www.daughtersofnarcissisticmothers.com/gaslighting.html

Gaslighting is a strange-sounding term which refers to the way in which abusers such as Narcissistic Mothers lie to you, by word or deed, intentionally or not intentionally, to convince you that your version of reality is not right.

The phrase comes from the 1940's filmGaslight, in which an abusive husband deliberately dims the gaslights in the house, but when his wife comments on it he tells her she's imagining it, that the lights never dimmed at all.

Gaslighting is one of the most insiduous, viscious, nasty and effective forms of emotional and psychological abuse.

It can make the victim feel as if she's going crazy. If your perceptions of reality are constantly denied, and above all, denied by your mother, the person you look up to and who you think knows everything, it is very, very head-wrecking and crazy-making. (This is why I called my bookYou're Not Crazy, because that's so essential to know.)

This gaslighting can be done deliberately, as in the example from the film above, in order to make you go crazy.Malignant Narcissistswould be prone to doing this.

Or the crazy-making can just be a side-effect and the gaslighting is done in order to preserve the Narcissistic Mother's vision of herself as perfect, without her actually having to do any of the hard stuff that would make her perfect.

I wrote aboutmy weddingand how my mother never gave me any compliment, but swears blind, shouting it, that she did. This is gaslighting.

She didn't deliberately say to me on the day, "Pity you look so ugly," and then deny it - that would be the act of a Malignant Narcissist.

But she was too self-absorbed and self-centred to say anything nice to me AND she was too convinced of her own wonderful motherness to even entertain the possibility that she wouldn't have said anything nice to me, so she re-wrote history to make that that she did.

It's impossible for non-narcissists to get into the mind of narcissists, so I have no idea if this is right: But my best guess is that in her mind it's a case of: "A wonderful mother would have told her daughter she looked lovely, and I am a wonderful mother, therefore I would have/must have said it, and if Danu says differently she must be mistaken".

Gaslighting is also insiduous because so many of a Narcissistic Mother's cruelties are small ones. Any particular example of them can be dismissed as just a thoughtless word, and we're all thoughtless sometimes.

But her cruelties add up to death by a thousand cuts, and if you're trying to reason with her (which, don't bother doing. But until you realise this ...) and you're using previous examples of the same cruelty in an attempt to show a pattern - well, it won't work because she will simply deny that the previous examples happened.

Another form of gaslighting is the denial of your right to be upset. In this case the Narcissist might accept that the situation happened, but willinvalidate youby vehemently denying that there was anything untoward about it, or any valid reason to get upset.

You might like to check out ourNarcissistic Mother-English Dictionary for (a sometimes funny) look at what Narcissistic Mothers actually mean when they say things.

You might aso find the film/movieGaslightto be interesting. It clearly (and chillingly) shows exactly how gaslighting works.

Read more:http://www.daughtersofnarcissisticmothers.com/gaslighting.html#ixzz2d6cF3f9d

• slimboyfat
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I thought someone had hijacked the thread, but then ..... can a thread hijack itself ?

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit