Did Jesus ever shunned anyone?

by UBM101 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Good extra insight!

• mP
    mP

TEC

Nowhere does Christ teach that his followers are to DO the persecution or shunning, etc. He warns only that his followers will be the subjects of those things.

mP:

Tammy, is it not extremely bad form to not share the greatest message with non jews ? Isnt this the same kind of behaviour we expect of terrible men like nazis or the kkk ? If any kid in kindergarten repeated the same behaviuor as Jesus and apostles what would you say ?

• mP
    mP

Crazy

Jesus said to love your enemies and even in thessalonians paul said to keep admonishing them as a 'brother' If one is kicked out of the religion and never talked to, how can he still be your brother? So clearly the JW's have it wrong.

mP:

More lies about jesus. jesus told his disciples to not preach and talk to gentiles. Call it what y9ou want but it equates to the same.

• tec
    tec

Tammy, is it not extremely bad form to not share the greatest message with non jews ? Isnt this the same kind of behaviour we expect of terrible men like nazis or the kkk ? If any kid in kindergarten repeated the same behaviuor as Jesus and apostles what would you say ?

Israel FIRST... because of the covenant they had with God.

But oddly enough, I am a non-jew. Somehow, the message must have gotten out ; )

Also, mP... even in the NT, though Peter and the others did not realize that the message and salvation was also for gentiles, they were taught otherwise by Christ, as the Spirit.

Peace,

tammy

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

mP:

That story of Jesus comparing the woman to a little dog didn't sit very well with me either, even though the JW religion tried to sugar-coat the story. I didn't buy it.

I am not so sure I would find Jesus approachable.

• mP
    mP

MP: Tammy, is it not extremely bad form to not share the greatest message with non jews ? Isnt this the same kind of behaviour we expect of terrible men like nazis or the kkk ? If any kid in kindergarten repeated the same behaviuor as Jesus and apostles what would you say ?

TEC:

Israel FIRST... because of the covenant they had with God.

mP:

This is the same crap the KKK and Nazis claim, that somehow thier race is special ? Are these wicked racist groups justified because they claim god selected them or are they just bigoted criminals ?

Thanks for the basic history lesson without actually addressing the racist problem.

TEC:

But oddly enough, I am a non-jew. Somehow, the message must have gotten out ; )

MP:

So you follow a religion that has been racist for about half its lifetime ? You dont follow the same religion as the apostles, for one tey didnt eat or speak to gentiles.

TEC

Also, mP... even in the NT, though Peter and the others did not realize that the message and salvation was also for gentiles, they were taught otherwise by Christ, as the Spirit.

mP:

So how did Peter get it so wrong ? How could he have spent all that time with jesus and still be a racist ?

• mP
    mP

ADamah

To the contrary: Jesus REFUSED to cast the first stone against the adulteress in John 8, and since shunnin

mP:

That story is accepted by (nearly) all scholars to be an insertion. It is not found in the oldest copies. Even the NWT admits this in fine print it says the same.

You cant use that text as proof for or against Jseus because it is not genuiine.

• mP
    mP

BoR

Jesus loved Pharisees, tax collectors, prostitutes, disabled people, children. His apostles thought he was crazy.

mP:

They thought he was crazy because his apostles are proxies for the rebellious leaders of Judea. All the apostles share names and nicknames that match. John and his brother, the brothers of thunder (aka Macabeans), judas iscariot = sicarri, simon and john leaders of the two main rebellious groups against rome. check for yourself.

Jesus is a character meant to convince the jews that there is no messiah to free them, and they should pay their taxes, be slaves and shut up. Jesus only never condemns Rome and he only says things helpful and beneficial to the invaders.

• tec
    tec

This is the same crap the KKK and Nazis claim, that somehow thier race is special ?

It is not even remotely the same thing.

It is about having a covenant (a contract) between Israel and God, with each having responsibilities. No other race was in that covenant at that time; they had other gods; they worshipped their gods. Why in the world should they expect that they would be offered to be kings and priests in the kingdom of the God of Israel... before Israel?

God made promises, and kept them.

People would be crying out if He had not. On top of that though... salvation and that Kingdom is open to everyone. Recall Revelation? People from every tribe, every nation, every language, etc.

Are these wicked racist groups justified because they claim god selected them or are they just bigoted criminals ?

Well, the difference (one difference, anyway) is what they CLAIM, verses what is TRUE. There is no covenant with the KKK or the Nazis, and there is nothing to back that claim up.

Thanks for the basic history lesson without actually addressing the racist problem.

There is no racist problem.

So you follow a religion that has been racist for about half its lifetime ?

I don't follow a religion at all mP.

You dont follow the same religion as the apostles, for one tey didnt eat or speak to gentiles.

True, I don't follow the same religion that the apostles were born into and followed... but the apostles later followed Christ, and I do follow Him. He is the one who told Peter to go to the gentiles.

So how did Peter get it so wrong ? How could he have spent all that time with jesus and still be a racist ?

Because he had a lot to learn... and so he DID learn, from Christ. Paul was also a Jew, and he is the one who rebuked Peter when Peter was starting to back away from the gentiles when other Jews were around.

Oh, and whether you accept the adulteress/stoning story in John or not... Christ STILL said, judge not lest you be judged. By the measure you use, it will be used against you. So if you stone someone, then you are bringing judgment onto yourselves as well. Show no mercy, expect none to be shown to you.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit