Anyone used Steve Hassans techniques to successful get a JW to see TTATT

by Frazzled UBM 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good job, nonjw spouse, and great insight.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Thanks everyone for your comments -

boc - very sound advice, which I am trying to follow.

Julia - I will find and read those books and pick bits to share with her cos she won't read them herself.

nonjwspouse - thanks for your tip and hang it there I share your struggle.

Same to you what happened - hang in there and hoping all us UBMs can keep sharing insights about our respective journeys so we can all make progress - have you read the hassan book? - very useful even if it is a bit of an info-commercial.

jgnat - good advice as always _ I am goal oriented so for the time being will try to get a result even if it take s along-time but if a side benefit of improving communication with my wife is tht I get to see more of the non-cult identity then great.

Leavingwt - could you please ask your brother to join this forum and relate his expereince with your paretns - it would be so beneficial. Thanks

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I was going to say leavingwt was successful with that, but I see he already weighed in!

Me, I'm still trying. I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, by reading Hassan's books I discovered I made a lot of mistakes early on. The biggest one is discussing doctrine. I lost a lot of ground because of that.

What has helped so far, at least with one relative still "stuck-in," is enlisting the aid of non-JW relatives. I encourage them to keep regular contact as much as possible.

If a JW is even thinking of leaving they have to feel that they have a support network on the outside. This is the reason cults such as JWs do NOT want their members to maintain friendships with non-members. It keeps them alone and isolated.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Leavingwt - did you already post your brother's expereince with your parents some time ago - if so could you let me know where I can find that post?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit