cant find nov article on obey gb pn jw.org

by friendaroonie 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Blondie, I think that's just bad typing. I recognise it as mine is also pretty bad. I have to go back and correct myself all the time.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Here you go. Direct backdoor link:

http://bit.ly/16reONw

JW LEAKS

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

I was talking to a dub on the street n couldnt see my screen. It is my first smart phone.

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

Well yhe mag doesnt have page numbers online so p20 doesnt help. I just read the whole srticlle on obey shepherds. I didnt see the quote. How about the article title and the parsgraph number.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I love secular education but I do not place my trust in it. Education, friends, etc. are tools to a better lifestyle. Frankly, I have yet to meet any college student who places their trust in secular education. In other religions, education is merely a tool to further the interests of God/Christ. The WTBTS is desperately in need of educated people. How did the Legal Department crowd become lawyers? A sudden infusion of the Great Brain Trust, the GB? No. I suspect they secretly did the shameful thing. They obtained a college degree. The shame grows. They studied for the law boards and maintained a decent GPA. Yes! They applied to law school. Something tells me they did not mention they were JWs on their application forms.

Where were the elders to stop them? I suspect they were at Bethel so where was the Bethel family when they needed to be stopped.

Yes, the JW legal department were admitted to the bar so they had to hear how they were now officers of the court. It sounds very secular to me. The type of action that triggers d'f'ing. Through some const;l means they agreed to defend the Constitution of the United States and the Const'n of their admitting state.

They try so hard to lie and be respectable. Did anyone notice what happened to Rick Santorum when he turned on higher education? Yes, Rick is a lawyer with children in college. His children will finish college but down on the farm some nut's children will not have the advantage Rick Santorum is giving his children.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I answered my own question by looking on the site for dates...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

friendaroonie: How about the article title and the parsgraph number.

Title: Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes —What They Mean for Us Today

Page 20, Paragraph 17:

Elders who are reading this article can draw some useful conclusions from the account we have just considered: (1) The most practical step that we can take to prepare for the coming attack of “the Assyrian” is that of strengthening our faith in God and helping our brothers to do the same. (2) When “the Assyrian” attacks, the elders must be absolutely convinced that Jehovah will deliver us. (3) At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith.

Nothing screams "cult" like a "do whatever we say no matter whether it makes sense or not" statement.

They're priming the pumps for the Kool-aid fountain.

I fear for my relatives and friends still-in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit