DID JEHOVAH LIE ?

by Phizzy 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

wasblind: I have to disagee, Jehovah is said to have no beginnin' The WTS have spewed lies since they began in the late 1800's

You are, of course, right.

However, I was not intending to engage in a debate as to whether or not:

• God exists
    • God's name is Jehovah
    • Jehovah chose the WTBTS ...

I was intending to point out that, in the minds of the average JW, the WTBTS (aka, "the organization") has been systematically conflated with the concept of Jehovah to the point that they are one in the same:

Jehovah = The WTBTS

This is why when someone leaves the organization (or are expelled) JWs will says stupid stuff like, "So-and-so left Jehovah."

The OP asks "DID JEHOVAH LIE?"

Clearly, the organization does lie and has lied countless times in the last century and a half.

I know Phizzy well enough to know that he knows this.

Thus, when the GB/WT writers publish this drivel, " Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah," the average JW is bitch-slapped with a severe case of cognitive dissonance.

They KNOW that Jehovah cannot lie. They also have been persuaded to BELIEVE that the GB have been chosen by Jehovah to represent Jehovah. So when they read about these changes only one of two things can happen:

• They jump up screaming, "The emperor is naked! And he's fat and ugly too!" ... or ...
    • This "New Light" is terrific. How nice to be in an organization where the human leaders humbly admit their errors and give us this "corrected" spiritual "food at the proper time."

Amen, and thanks be to the FDS/GB!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Those who do not believe that God uses the Watchtower as a means of communicating to with his people, or of not calling their attention to his prophecies, should study the Watchtower with thankfulness skepticism of heart and not give Jehovah God the Father and Christ Jesus all any of the honor and credit blame."

• smiddy
    smiddy

What about genisis : "in the day you eat of it you will surley die " , Adam & Eve had no concept of a "day" being a thousand years long.

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Every time the WTB&TS alters their interpretation of scripture , which they have done on a regular basis these past 130 years , they make jehovah a liar , not someone to be trusted , who cant be relied upon to communicate intelligently with his earthly subjects.

Unless of course it is the Governing body who is guilty of lying all this time.

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Any JW would answer, NO! And if you gave them all those examples of flip-flops and failed prophecy, first they'd trot out the light getting brighter, say the GB are humble to accept new light, and if that didn't convince you, they'd LA LA LA! And then walk away and call you apostate behind your back.

• new22day
    new22day

Jehovah did not lie. Jehovah has no clue what these people are talking about and shrugs a lot in confusion.

• new22day
    new22day

btw: I don't believe in Jehovah.

• mP
    mP

Smiddy

What about genisis : "in the day you eat of it you will surley die " , Adam & Eve had no concept of a "day" being a thousand years long.

mP:

Adam and eve are not names they are not people, adam = man, eve = mother or mother godess. Strange names for individuals.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    WT 09/15/2010
    Similarly today, a Governing Body composed of spirit-anointed Christians contributes to the unity of the worldwide congregation. The Governing
    Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food isbased on God's Word. Thus, what is
    taught is not from men but from Jehovah.-Isa. 54:13."

Many religions publish literature based on 'God's Word' so can we say that what is taught (in their books) is not from men but from Jehovah? Always the glib statements but when you break them down they are meaningless.

Do they ever come right out and say these spirit-anointed Governing Body members are receiving information straight from Jehovah? It seems to me it is always a hint - they contribute to the unity of the worldwide congregation by publishing books about the Bible. Lots of religions do that.

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

Note from december 2013: Jehovah not lie. The man can be incorrect. Lie is not the same that be incorrect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit