Wanabee Elders & Ministerial Servants

by minimus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

When I was in my early twenties, I was definitely a wannabee elder and mini servant. I wanted to handle any and all priviledges thrown at me. When I reached my forties and was an elder for 10 years, I saw that being a servant was not that wonderful. Though the WTS stated how the servants are so appreciated, the servants are really an unappreciated clan in the cong. Only the servants feel that they are somebody. When I was removed as an elder, I saw that what I did as a servant really made no difference to anybody. What a waste of my time and effort it all was.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

To take it further, I attended several assemblies where the DO stated that a "sister shouldn't even consider marrying a brother unless he was a servant."

Those poor girls......still sitting in the back row together getting gray

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I remember one of the anointed brothers in my old hall. He was MS for about 30 years til his death. One deleted elder told me in private that he wanted to be an elder long time ago but the BOE does not believe that he is one of the anointed so they never appointed him as an elder. He passed away few years ago, Guess what one of the elders gave the funeral talk about his heavenly hope, etc... My Dad was an elder in his congregation too, when I showed him the obituary, he said he does not want to talk about it. I think he is guilty of not appointing him as an elder since he is probably in heaven with Jesus Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit