If you're happy and THEY know it all HELL breaks loose!!!!!

by SophieG 29 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

Hi guys…is it me…I am beginning to wonder: is a happy ex-JW a target? I have had a few run ins this week on FB with random JWs trying to “check” me for things that have absolutely nothing to do with the org. (Please don’t ask me why they have not un-friended me!)

I would post one rant I endured but it’s not even worth it. Is it me, but does it seem that your genuine happiness drives them a bit nuts? Does it make them go crazy because you’re exuding happiness and “Jehovah and His Organization” is not the source?

The funny thing is though to watch the non-JWs jump to my defense! If JWs are the happiest people on the earth why can’t they just be happy for you and stop raining on your parade?

Have any of you experienced this?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Conversations with JW`s are pointless..

JW:..You have to come back to the Organization..Your not Happy!!..

exJW:..Yes I am..

JW:..No your not!..

exJW:..Go away your annoying..

......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• SophieG
    SophieG

Oh Outlaw...THANK YOU! You feel my PAIN!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh man, I would love to read that conversation and the responses.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

A happy ex-JW causes cognative dissonance in a true believer.

After all, the WT predicts that all ex-JWs go out and start participating in activities like shooting heroin, weekend orgies (or is is orgys?), grand theft auto, manslaughter, midget abuse, and the list goes on and on...

If you are not participating in the above, the JW gets confused, because their overlords in Brooklyn have stated that YOU are going to be miserable. So yes, you may be targeted as they are simply trying to reduce the uncomfortable feeling inside caused by holding two conflicting ideas in their mind at the same time!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Yeah the most annoying thing in the world is what you describe. It's happened and still happening to me.

My conversation went just like Outlaw describes. Except finally the JW actually chuckled and said, "well how do you convince someone you are happy". To which I replied, thank you! I am happy!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Sophie G:

We all know there is no better feeling than being free from that cult.

In my case though, I believe they are annoyed that I never cared what certain judgmental types thought, even when I was in. I was pretty much "panned" in the kingdom hall. I was outspoken and ran from all the users.

However, into the thirteenth year of my "fade", I am suspicious of certain JWs who all of a sudden send a message or show an "interest". I can't help but wonder if the bad economy and them looking for money is at the heart of it.

I have moved on and really don't want to know about them.

• Powerful1
    Powerful1

LOL...This is so funny!!!

I have been out for 12 years and definitely HAPPY!!!

But every chance that my father can get...he will tell me that my siblings and I are not truly Happy. I always laugh at him and say...YES I AM...and you saying this just reminded me why I'm so happy...NO MY JW thinking.

• SophieG
    SophieG

So I posted this: Imagination!... along with the Einstien quote: "Imagination is everything. it's a preview of life's coming attractions."

So I am happy life is good, this picture made my day, next thing I know here comes the JW!

JW- "Albert is behind the ball. Jah already promised this paradise!"

I tried to explain to her that this photo is about the imagination, letting it fly and how we can create paradise in our minds. Why did I go there?
    I got a lecture about how it's a fools paradise out there today..humans can't fly.... what goes up must come down...WTHeck???

Raining on my parade.

Problemaddict: I will post the rant in a sec....

• SophieG
    SophieG

LostGeneration: I think that’s it! I am not following the party line…I am positive and happy…opening my mind! BOOM!

Comatose: I am looking around like: “What just happened here?”

LongHair Gal: I agree.

Powerful1: I think this is one of the happiest weeks in my life in a long time and I must be radiating this lightness and blinding them because it’s been like this all week! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit