You Found Out You're In A Cult Of Lies, What Are Your Options Do I Stay In Or Do I Leave?

by frankiespeakin 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

That is a question only you can answer. There is no right or wrong answers unless you are steeped in black and white thinking.

Some choose to stay in for family reasons, some are so heated up over being decieved they can't give them another minute of time or labor. Meeting are a tedious and tremendous bore once you see the man behind the curtain(wizzard of oz). Nothing is cut and dry.

What can a person do? Be part of a fifth column* group working inside camp?

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_column

Some have taken their time making an exit to get loved ones out. What are things these insiders can do to weaken the enemy who has them captive and not get their cover blown? Should I peddle their products of propaganda door to door? Stay in the Ministry School? Support Corporation sponsored activity? Repeat the party lines of how wonderful the Organization is? A lot to consider carefully.

Should I stay an elder? What about if I get chosen to be on a Judicial committee? Should help clean the Kingdom Hall? Should I just try to be a force for good and give info in my talks to start other waking up? Am I clever enough to pull it off?

Many questions many answers and only you can answer them because it is your business to decide not somebody elses.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

There are many considerations. My first reaction would be to put it in my rear view mirror and get away from it. If you have a family which is intent on staying in the Organization, it gets complicated. If it comes down to staying with or leaving your family, I would explain your lack of belief to your husband or wife; then, depending on how that goes, make your decision. If it means losing your family, I would stay with the Organization. I would cut my attendance to meetings to the bare minimum and not come out in open rebellion. To me, my family would be the deciding factor.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

If you take the religion out of the equation and apply this same exact scenario to something else in life, maybe the question becomes clearer.

If one of your close friends were dating someone filled with lies, mentally abusive and controlling... what would your advice be? Is one's mental health not at play as well?

If your spouse was working at a family business filled with judgemental venom an emotionally weighty requirements, and they asked them to perpetuate the lies of the business accounts, what would you advise them to do? Is one's conscience not a factor here?

There are many excuses to justify any path... the point is that a person needs to what is the healthiest path for them personally and then move accordingly... whatever that path may be.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Devil,

{{If you take the religion out of the equation and apply this same exact scenario to something else in life, maybe the question becomes clearer. }}

It may help but it becomes the apples&oranges comparison arguement, not exactly the same and a rather crude analogy*.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy

Analogy (from Greek ?ναλογ?α, analogia , "proportion" [1] [2] ) is a cognitive process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), or a linguistic expression corresponding to such a process. In a narrower sense, analogy is an inference or an argument from one particular to another particular, as opposed to deduction , induction , and abduction , where at least one of the premises or the conclusion is general. The word analogy can also refer to the relation between the source and the target themselves, which is often, though not necessarily, a similarity , as in the biological notion of analogy .

Analogy has been studied and discussed since classical antiquity by philosophers, scientists and lawyers . The last few decades have shown a renewed interest in analogy, most notably in cognitive science .

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you know you are in a Cult of Lies, what could induce you to stay and still have self respect ?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Phiz,

{{If you know you are in a Cult of Lies, what could induce you to stay and still have self respect ?}}

Loaded question, designed to cause guilt if answered in a way that includes staying for any reason.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I know, but loaded for a reason, so many fool themselves that they are "staying in for family" or somesuch reason, and I do know that a real desire to free family is a strong argument, but, if you have self respect it is impossible to live a lie.

Nobody can judge others circumstances, or truly know their motives, but I make such provocative statements in the hope that those who know TTATT and yet remain active in the Cult of Lies look inward and examine if they really have good reason to stay, or if they stay merely out of fear.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I wasn't referring to analogy or inference... metaphor or simile. As we go through life, we are faced with a variety of similar issues that cause the brain to respond a certain way. The reaction in synapsis goes through a mechanized development even though setting and circumstance may differ.

If you want an actual analogy, think of the story of Romeo and Juliet compared with that of West Side Story. Or La Boheme against RENT. The setting, sound, time, and people may be different, but the structure of the story and the emotion it evokes (and WHY it evokes such) are exactly the same.

Similarly, people (let's say the JW's in example) tend to look at the end of such a process and create unique and "special" circumstances that make whatever issue different than anything else anyone has ever experienced on earth... ever. And that technique works because it's tiring. One has to keep up with a lifetime of "special situations" and why each one is different. It's tough to be around such people because there is no visible means of consistant integrity about their core... everything is "special", and usually (not always) depends on the person's perspective, mindset, and focus at the time and NOT on any core value system.

An easier way to handle things (less cumbersome at least) is to take a few steps back and take out all the fluff of the story and look at the simple structure of the situation - the frame work of the problem and the emotion it causes... then complicate it as needed. In the case, the question is whether one supports an entity that secludes, demoralizes, stunts, retards, lies, and binds... GENERALLY SPEAKING. And to garner some perspective on the matter, I listed some examples where the same thought processes apply.

IF the answer is "YES, I SUPPORT THAT" then the question is do you go out and try to entrap others to join in. That is a matter of conscience.

IF the answer is "NO, I DO NOT SUPPORT THAT" then you start adding pieces to the broth (sort of speak)... Family, history, comfort, convenience, laziness (it happens, lol), fear, insecurities, etc. to find out where your personal tipping point is.

I for my part, DO NOT SUPPORT THAT, and I do not support that across the board... in any situation. I know there may be an exceptions to this, but my launching pad is "NO" - and so far there has not been any exceptions in my life (now that I wrote that, I will probably be faced with something... lol).

To test the consistancy of my (personal) vaule system, I apply the same process to other situations like I did above. A cult (or boyfriend, boss, whatever) of lies is a no-brainer for me. BUT that's just me personally, everyone is different.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

You grow a fricken pair and you walk out the fricken door.

Next!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Narcis,

Pair of what? I got a couple of missing teeth(molars) I wish I could grow me 2 pairs of these.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit