"My brain NEEDS a good washing!!!"

by bytheirworks 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

"Yes please Brother Morris!!! I will have the blue pill. It looks happifying and cleansing!"

• Narcissistic Supply
  • caliber
    caliber

All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing.

Ellen Gilcrist

There must be input of perceived values for some source...what will this be ?

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent

about things that matter.

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

In the end ( in my opinion) it is issue of mortality and love... but to "pray, pay and obey"is simply not enough

"general population will take control of its own destiny and will concern itself with community-interests, guided by values of solidarity and sympathy and concern for others; or, alternatively, there will be no destiny for anyone to control. "

(lost this quote source sorry )

Somehow there must be individual freedom within community concern and interest

In a thousand pounds of law there is not an ounce of love.
    - John Ray

• Emery
    Emery

"Don't say I didnt tell you so in 40-50 years when your brain cleaning wears off and Armageddon is still just around the corner"

• caliber
    caliber

must be ready to obey any instructions they receive, whether these instructions appear sound from a human standpoint or not.’

( November 15, 2013 journal issue of The Watchtower)

This would be an example of true brainwashing... when your "common sense" and "inner moral compass "must be supressed

*** g86 10/22 16 A Tragic Saturday That Shattered My Family ***
    But that was only part of the campaign to dissuade me from studying the Bible with the Witnesses. One of my brothers was a Baptist minister, and he spent three hours trying to tell me how to be a good Christian and to stay away from Jehovahs Witnesses. My father said that the Witnesses would brainwash me, to which I replied that my brain needed a good washing, since I had been taught so many untruths for so many years.

the true meaning of brainwashing is to suspend critical thinking and rational decision making

it is a "process of thinking " or maybe not thinking ...not the end result

``

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

When i used to tell my mother she was brainwashed for following all the JW crap, she used to say "thank you".

• Gopher
    Gopher

The alternate term the WT uses for brainwashing is "inculcation". (6 of one, half-dozen of the other.)

• SAHS
    SAHS

When the Governing Body says “Jump,” we say “How high?”

And when they say “we need a good brain washing,” we say “Yes sir! Make it clean as a whistle for Jehovah [droooool].”

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't remember that one. But, I've often thought about another one: "an open mind is like a garbage disposal. It accepts everything." That, of course, totally discounts the possibility of learning to be a critical thinker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit