Proverbs 4:18 as Last Scriptural Defense for New Light?

by ProfCNJ 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Ah, how they twist and turn:

Did they believe that they had all the answers, the full light of truth? To that question Brother Russell pointedly answered: “Certainly not; nor will we have until the ‘perfect day.’” (Prov. 4:18, KJ) Frequently they referred to their Scriptural beliefs as “present truth” not with any idea that truth itself changes but rather with the thought that their understanding of it was progressive.

*** jv chap. 10 p. 121 Growing in Accurate Knowledge of the Truth ***

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Lately, they've been following that text with Micah 7:7...

They'll basically say something like:

'When the time is right, Jehovh shines his light brighter (Pro 4:18) so that his people can gain an "up-to-date" understanding of the deep things of the Bible. So we should always wait on Jehovah (Micah 7:7) for the newest understanding instead of running ahead of the Slave.'

I still can't believe I used to fall for this crap.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If, up to recent times you had captured a devout J W and tried to force him to recant his precious beliefs and sign a paper saying that

"I no longer believe that God is using a 'Faithful & Discreet Slave' made up of the composite body of the anointed remnant on Earth of 144,000 brothers of Jesus Christ"

he would have refused, as far as death itself. Yet on the word of a man and a single article in a magazine, he says "Yes, I no longer beleve that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit