Former Catholics I would like your opinion?

by Truth seeker 674 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

I've got a job interview next Tuesday at a Catholic Hospital. I have got more than one college degree as well as years of realitive experiance for this position and I am well qualified. But the "sister" who called me for the interview wants me to bring my high school dipmola all I have is the legal GED which was enough to get me started on my career many years ago. Should I just tell her the truth why I did'nt complete my my last 2 credits in 1980(because of my bat shit crazy parents or what?) Most interviews I've had in the last 15 years, no one seemed to care. And don't say go back and take a music and 13 century penumbrian dance elective , I just can't lower myself to that after all I've been through. This interview is important to me, as it would let me go into a slower paced invironment. Is this hard toned Nun just putting on a front? (Taking a big risk here for asking LOL.)

• Laika
    Laika

I am not a former Catholic but I would just suggest that no matter who is interviewing you, you don't want to come across as angry or critical at your parents, or like you try to shift blame for your mistakes to anyone else. Most people can't understand JW life, and so it will probably leave a bad impression.

If she asks to see your diploma and you don't have it you are going to have to be honest with her about it.

Perhaps say you made some bad choices when you were young but your degrees and experience show how you've changed your priorities. Put a positive spin on it.

Good luck!

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Most people can't understand JW life, and so it will probably leave a bad impression. If she asks to see your diploma and you don't have it you are going to have to be honest with her about it. Perhaps say you made some bad choices when you were young but your degrees and experience show how you've changed your priorities. Put a positive spin on it.

Thats what my intentions were Laika and thanks for reply. Fortunately my two children will not have to deal with the JW crazyness. They will face life on an even par with thier contemporaries. Thanks again.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I would think if you have colleage degrees than a GEd would be fine no High School diploma needed.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Tell her the truth!..

Your Bat Shit crazy JW parents screwed up your education..

Let her Know..

If you don`t get the job you`ll know it`s the Catholic`s Fault and the JW Religion is Right!!..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vgAcGlts9dI/TSSCuRyYKzI/AAAAAAAACTQ/aWv-l6CSW1E/s200/confused%2Bnun.jpg

......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The college degrees are more relevant. Just show them the GED, and answer any questions honestly--but without using phrases like "bat-shit crazy". Getting caught in a lie about GED vs. High School graduation, or showing what could be seen as a caustic personality will hurt you in any interview, but especially so in a hospital where lives are literally at risk and clients are emotionally vulnerable.

[slight edit]

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi there, be honest, don't be critical of anyone or anything, as it will infer you are bitter and angry, no one wants to take on a potential 'bat shit crazy'lol.

I would suggest that you touch on the topic of being a jw, and that at the time you thought it fulfilled your 'spiritual needs'. Catholics (mostly)are not so much about 'religion' but more about morals and decency.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Give her a copy of your GED along with your college degrees, and make no unsolicited remarks about it.

Why do you need opinions about this from former Catholics?

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Haha Outlaw your too funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit