The Governing Body & honesty

by Laika 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Laika
    Laika

Taken from w02 2/1 pp. 19-23 par. 8:

How do the anointed know that they have received the heavenly calling? They receive unmistakably the witness of the holy spirit. The apostle Paul wrote to such ones: “All who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons. . . . The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together.” (Romans 8:14-17) This witness of the spirit is so powerful that those who have the slightest doubt about having received the heavenly calling can reasonably conclude that they have not, and they will therefore refrain from partaking of the emblems at the Memorial.

This is something I've been thinking about lately as the Society often explains in their literature that if you have any doubt about your position as a member of the anointed, then you are not one of the anointed. Of course, this is the Society's way of making less people partake, but it's got to set up a conundrum for the GB member.

Who can really say that they never doubted their beliefs as a Witness? Or even now, regardless of what you believe? I don't mean constantly, there were certainly times as a JW when I would have said 'I know I have the Truth' but there were still occasions when I thought 'what if it isn't true?' Which is the point, everybody questions themselves sometimes.

Yet to be on the Governing Body, you have to profess you're anointed, and to be anointed in the JWs is to profess that you have no doubt about this whatsoever. Yet I cannot believe that no member of the Governing Body is honestly able to say 'I never doubt' so basically, in order to get to the Governing Body you have to be a liar (even if that lying is just self-deceit).

I've seen it noted on here that GB members (and other Bethel heavies) tend to lie a lot during their talks at assemblies, more so than the average JW, and it's also amazing to me how dishonest the Watchtower writers can be in misquoting sources, misrepresenting their History etc... I've wrote here before about the dishonesty it takes to be a 'good' JW, and I think the system means this is required more the further up you go. Maybe this explains why the Society is so dishonest, not that being high up makes you dishonest, but that you have to be dishonest in order to get high up.

What do you guys think?

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

They only lie when their lips are moving.

• Watkins
    Watkins

GB and HONESTY = 2 words in complete opposition to each other.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Governing Body & Honesty..

Is Like..

Oil and Water..

........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• prologos
    prologos

if you are proven, or even tacitly admitted wrong

was it lies or error?

• Laika
    Laika

Prologos

Sure. When I left the religion I tried to explain to some JWs the GB were dishonest and got the response they must believe or they'd never have bothered, which is a different question altogether.

I think the members of the GB are genuine believers, but this doesn't mean that they're not also dishonest. It's not either/or.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think it complete narcissism, anyone that goes onlong with this teaching and then thinks he or she is anointed because holp spirit told you is either narcissistic, dolusional, Psychopath or all of the above. And those of us that are awake from the borg know that this chapter in Romans is talking about the differences in someone that is spiritual as to one that is fleshly and nothing else. Because 1john 5:1 and Galatians 3;26 says that all who believe in christ are gods sons Romans chapter 2 or 3 says there is no distinction between ones. So with all that it in mind its pretty scary to think who's really is running the ORG.

• Ding
    Ding

The rules don't apply to the GB.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hahahahahahahhahaa!

Liars gotta' lie!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

What do I think?

I think “Governing Body” and “honesty” do not belong in the same sentence.

Anyone who’s willing to lie to a child and, worse, have a child lie for them is flat out dishonest. In fact I’d say they’re evil.

See: Watchtower’s Version of “Truth” at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/05/watchtowers-version-of-truth.html

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit