Be careful...

by Vidiot 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Vid,

I think you're 95% to 99.9% right. The main reason for anything they print is motivated by corporate interest bottom line. They care little about people and their salvation.

The Watchtower Corporation is first and foremost a business, run by CEOs who bottom line is interest in corporate prosperity. The desire to help people is used only as a ploy to achieve that goal, and information control through their corporate spin doctors is-> please corporation sock puppet Jehovah by helping them to meet requirement for salvation, which by no small coincidence happens to be good for the Corporation.

The Governing Body's claim of being exclusively appointed by God Almighty being narcisistic in nature would rule out any genuine concern for those that obey them as so abundantly evident in their forbidding blood to its members when their life is at stake. They may not be completely void of concern, so I would suggest the above % as a rule of thumb.

• Violia
    Violia

I would be very suspicious about any attempt to bring in-actives back in. I would immediately feel there was a nefarious purpose. Jws have proved they will lie and call it theocratic warfare. They only care about 'mother" and no one else. Frequently attempts are made to contact the in-active etc so they can put them in a category, DF, DA etc. They just want to clean up their records . Those records may be public one day .

Keystone cops, amateurs. don't get fooled.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

November 2013 WT:

16 What if problems develop to the point that the spiritual health of a member of the congregation is threatened? "Is there anyone sick among you?" asked the Bible writer James. "Let him call the older men of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, greasing him with oil in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him." (Jas. 5:14, 15) Even if the spiritually ailing one does not "call the older men," they should quickly come to his aid as soon as they become aware of his situation. When they pray with and for their brothers and support them in times of need, the elders prove themselves to be spiritually refreshing and encouraging to those under their care.-Read Isaiah 32:1, 2.

What constitutes " spiritual sickness?" Let's refer to the 1980 BOE letter!

"Keep in mind that to be disfellowshipped, an apostate does not have to be a promoter of apostate views. As mentioned in paragraph two, page 17 of the August 1, 1980, Watchtower, "The word 'apostasy' comes from a Greek term that means 'a standing away from,' 'a falling away, defection,' 'rebellion, abandonment. Therefore, if a baptized Christian abandons the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave, and persists in believing other doctrine despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostatizing. Extended kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking. However, if after such extended efforts have been put forth to readjust his thinking, he continues to believe his apostate ideas and rejects what he has been provided through the slave class, then appropriate judicial action should be taken. "

There you have it! Believing anything other than "current truth", meaning whatever the WT says, is a sign of spiritual sickness. You don't have to call the " older men ", they will come after to you! It's no coincidence that this article follows an article about OBEYING the Eldubs!

" The elders are 'watching over souls' in the sense that they desire to help each member of the congregation maintain a good relationship with Jehovah. They will thus be quick to offer assistance if they perceive that a brother or a sister is about to take, or has already taken, a "false step." (Gal. 6:1, 2; Jude 22) Are these not good reasons for being "obedient to those who are taking the lead"? "

Also: " They defend the flock by putting their brothers on guard against any who might attempt to undermine their faith. The apostle Peter warned of "false prophets" and "false teachers" who would try to "entice unsteady souls" into wrongdoing. (2 Pet. 2:1, 14) Present-day elders must give similar warnings when necessary. As mature Christian men, they have experience in life. Further, before being appointed, they demonstrated that they had a clear understanding of the Scriptures and that they were qualified to teach what is healthful."

The Eldubs have wicked Bo-staff skills!

" Some of these individuals may have strayed from the flock and have stopped engaging in Christian activities. In such a case, would not a caring elder do all in his power to find each lost sheep and urge that one to return to the fold, that is, to the congregation? Of course he would! "It is not a desirable thing with my Father who is in heaven for one of these little ones to perish,"

Now the fear-mongering and the "hidden" claim of the GB to be prophets once again.

"

14 Obedience to those who today are taking the lead among us is vital. Think of how Jehovah communicated with his people during critical times in the past. When the people of Israel left ancient Egypt, God's orders for them came through Moses and Aaron. To survive the tenth plague, the Israelites had to obey the instructions to have a special meal and to splash some of the blood of a slaughtered sheep on the doorposts and lintels of their houses. That direction did not come to them by means of a voice out of heaven. No, they had to listen to the older men of Israel, who in turn received specific instructions from Moses. (Ex. 12:1-7, 21-23, 29) In those circumstances, Moses and the older men acted as bearers of Jehovah's instructions to his people. Christian elders fulfill a comparably vital function today.

15 Very likely, you can think of numerous other occasions in Bible history when Jehovah provided life-saving instructions through human or angelic representatives. In all these cases, God saw fit to delegate authority. Messengers spoke in his name, and they told his people what they needed to do in order to survive a crisis. Can we not imagine that Jehovah might do something similar at Armageddon? Naturally, any elders today who are delegated the responsibility of representing Jehovah or his organization must be exceptionally careful never to abuse the authority entrusted to them.

WT 1996 6/15:

" Further, since Bible times there has been no evidence of any human having had direct communication with him."

So how do the GB receive nu-lite again?! Didn't they say that there is no opening above the GB meeting room in New York?!

"

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The WT knows how to fool people into thinking that their corporation as an entity, and the elders individually, actually care about people's best interests.

You have to care about your own best interests. Also it is foolish to talk about your heartaches and emotional pain to anyone in the congregation, thinking you just want someone to understand and realize what you're going through.

I did that. Soon I got a phone call from an elder who wanted to stop by and bring another elder with him who was new to our hall.

That friend had called them and said I needed to be checked on because I was saying bad things about the elders. What had I said? "Those guys don't have time to worry about my dumb problems."

The two of them sat in my house, refused to accept any refreshments and said, We're here because we heard you had some problem you wanted to discuss. Okay? What is your PROBLEM?

I said, Yes, I am in the middle of some upsetting things!

After I told them what was going on, the oldest one said, "You're being attacked by SATAN! You need to be studying and praying and going out in service!"

So then the other one said a prayer. As they were leaving they said we were too materialistic and missing meetings for work showed that we weren't satisfied with a simple life.

Oh you can bet I felt comforted and refreshed like crazy after that, wouldn't you!

One big thing I observed was that once all the elders were gone that originally knew us when we were recruited, (some had died, some had moved), the elders who had only known us a short time were not at all concerned with us. They made it plain that they had no interest in getting to know us as people in the congregation or friends in any way. They love to get up there on the platform and regurgitate that the elders were there to talk to. "If you have a problem don't gossip about it. Go straight to the elders! That's what we're here for!" Then when you did, they were exasperated and impatient and just plain angry. They would teach you to go to the elders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit