Voting

by zound 17 Replies latest jw friends

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

Micheal Badnarik likened voting to a child sitting in the passenger seat beside his father driving a car, and the child has one of those plastic toy steering wheels. The child thinks they are controlling the car with their little toy steering wheel, But the whole time the father knows that he is actually in control, and the child is playing with a useless toy, that controls nothing

Meanwhile, he allows to the child to believe something false.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I voted for the first time last year. I realize that women and Blacks had to fight for this right. It's time that I exercise it.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I registered to vote after leaving the witnesses. I find it satisifying, and in a small way "rebellious".

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

I always understood it to be a requirement for witnesses to register on the electoral role, as this was obeying the superior authorites when doing so was not in conflict with "God's laws". My parents used to write a letter but in later years you only had to fill out the form as to why you did not vote.

I actually found this very hard because I have always loved politics, and had I not been a witness it is something I would have aspired to having a career in. I am now a supporter of a new up and coming party in Aus (the main two are useless) so I will be at the polls on election day as a supporter, not sure what will happen if I am seen, but I am hoping that no witnesses will be there as they don't vote. Although some take the lazy option and make an invalid vote.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

"Be the change you wabt to see" is something I take very seriously!

• blondie
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

I vote. I volunteer on election day as an election officer. I joined a political party. I think it's all fun and interesting, if a little frustrating at the state and national levels.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Once I left i started voting for everything I could. People fought and died so I could vote - the best way to honor them is to exercise my rights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit