I'm new here...

by Demokan 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Demokan
    Demokan

I'm 15, and I'm an unbaptized publisher... So I've been what you call "lurking" here for the past few weeks and I have some questions. I hear you guys constantly mentioning TTATT so where can I go to learn more about this (links please)? Also I've already told my mom that I don't believe in the governing body and she is making me do EVEN more! So what can I do? Also if I don't get baptized I can leave without getting shunned right? Also how do I get my parents and everyone out of the cult when their whole minds are like, engraved into it, I mentioned it to my sister a night ago and all she said was "I'm to tired to be doubting Jehovah right now" I was like SERIOUSLY! *.* ya and I'm stressed out and I act like an angel when I'm at the KH.. And even none of my friends don't know for who I really am.... So yeah suggestions would be appreciated.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

www.jwfacts.com

The Truth About The Truth is worth finding...

• bigmac
    bigmac

hello Demokan---and a warm welcome to this site. may i ask how you found out about it?

• wasblind
    wasblind

At 15 I would advise you to be respectful of your parents

when you become of age then decide what you will do

Until then, try to avoid baptism

• Demokan
    Demokan

well I just googled jw.org to download my watchtowers and what-not.. And I always saw this site : "Jehovah's-witness.net" so yeah.. I just clicked it read some stuff ... And then I kept going back, it was my sinful pleasure LOL. Sorry for my grammar and stuff I can't speak eloquently like most of you adults on here ._. Any help with forums is appreciated too I don't know how to use forums.

• Demokan
    Demokan

I am going to the meeting because it is Sunday today- I don't really want to go ._. I might not respond for a while cause I have to get ready but please provide all the links you can. And book titles or something idk. Thank you.

• bigmac
    bigmac

errr--youre 15 and reading jwn is your sinful pleasure?? blimy--times have changed

your grammar is fine

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to you, Demokan.

Use the search feature on JWN and learn about the topics you want to learn about.

Www.jwfacts.com is indeed a life saver as are many others.

You tube has fabulous videos about ttatt. Just search Jehovah 's Witnesses.

Check in frequently and soon you will know everything you need to know.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Nice to have you. It's tough at your age. I am over twice your age. If there was two things I could tell you it would be this.

1. Don't get baptized. It will lock you into a course that will have you shunned if you leave JWs when you leave home.

2. Study really hard in school! You need to get awesome grades so you can get to college for as little money as possible.

Jwfacts.com is a huge storehouse of info about the religion. You can learn tons there. I wish you the best!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Demokan,

You are 15 and a minor. Living under your parents roof means you need to respect them and honor them. You do not, however, have to feel forced into getting baptized, and I would certainly hold off on anything that direction. You may however be asked to continue to go to meetings, and that is probably something you will need to do with your family. I would say you need to relax, do your research, and ask your parents questions in order to get them to think for themselves.

Try to remember them, and relax a little. You are very young and there is alot fo time left for you to decide a plethora of things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit