Hi, my name is Brock Talon. Yes, I'm a recovering JW-aholic.

by LivingTheDream 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

BROCK- Nice to have you here and congratulations on your book ! And congratulations on attaining true freedom of mind. It's priceless. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome back Brock!

Me too - that's why I can't touch the stuff again - the poisonous wine of religion that is.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

For everybody that is welcoming me... thanks!

Of course, some of you know I am not new to the forum. It just seems that way because I've been gone for 2 years.

I suppose that's how I do things: An intense flurry of activity - satisfied accomplishment - move on to other "projects".

Oh well... we're all different.

--

For those who are reading or who have read my book... thanks!

I hope you find the 2 years off from JWN was at least spent well, that is, honing my writing.

I am not a professional writer, so I had much to learn to do this. I worked hard to make sure my first effort was worthy of your time. If you think I did a good job and that this book speaks for you, please post your review on Amazon.com where the whole world will know how you feel about it, not just JWN.

Of course, if you hate the book, forget you ever heard about me...

--

The reason for this particular post here is because this is possibly the seed idea for my next book.

If I ever write another one, it would probably be from the angle that kicking the habit of JWism is not unlike kicking the habbit of any other addictive drug or activity. "Life is too short" for example expanded the metaphor for me on this thread. It starts out innocuously, but over time becomes quite harmful. What you read here could end up being my prologue...

My current book talks about a "journey" to find something, but the next one might be the "battle" of JW addiction...

Brock Talon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit